Members of the the Faculty Council are
1. the Dean as the chairmen with advisory voice,
2. the Vice Dean and the Dean of Study with advisory voice,
3. eight members of the group of the university teachers,
4. two members of the group of the scientific employees,
5. two members of the group of the not-scientific employees,
6. three members of the group of the students.
The members of the Faculty Council are selected by the members of the faculty. They become selected in accordance with the condition of the electoral law of the RWTH Aachen.
Furthermore the Equal Opportunity Officer, the Senator and the Division Speakers are members of the Faculty Council without the right to vote - as long as they are members as described by § 15 para. 1 of the Faculty Order.
The passing of the resolutions is incumbent on the Faculty Council over all affairs of the faculty, for which competence of the Deanship or another is not intended. The Faculty Council is responsible for all researchs and teachings affairs and has the responsability to ensure and to fulfil further tasks of the faculty.
Here a shortened version of the tasks of the Faculty Council.
1. Receipt of the reports of the Deanship,
2. Support of the Deanship in order to safeguard the completeness of the study affairs as well as the
organization of the study and the examinations in cooperation with the Teaching Committee,
3. Decree and change of:
- the Faculty Order and the other orders of the faculty,
- the Examination and Study Regulations,
- the Postgraduate Lecture Regulations,
4. Awarding of academic degrees due to the examinations accomplished by the Faculty,
5. Execution of postgraduate lectures in accordance with the Postgraduate Lecture
6. Distribution of teaching appointments,
7. Grant of free research terms,….