Staff Council for Academic Staff
The Staff Council for Academic Staff - PRWiss for short - is represents the interests of academic, medical, and artistic staff at RWTH Aachen.
Term of Office
Members of the PRwiss began their term on July 1, 2016, for a duration of four years.
In accordance with the State Staff Representation Act or LPVG, the Staff Council represents employees' interests. These include:
- Contractual matters – hiring, job description
- Continued employment and termination of employment
- Workplace – design, occupational safetty - office and work equipment
- Fire safety, escape routes
- Occupation – responsibilities and their scope
- Qualification – doctoral studies, medical residency or habilitation (postdoctoral qualification to lecture)
- Health – workplace ergonomics, work with dangerous substances
- Bullying – emotional stress in the workplace, bullying from colleagues and supervisors
Staff Council For Academic, Medical, and Artistic Staff at RWTH Aachen
- +49 241 80 98111
- Send Email
The Staff Council meets Fridays. A crucial component of its meetings is advising and a decision about the hiring and continued employment of all academic employees.
Meetings with the rector and the head of the human resources department regularly take place in accordance with the State Staff Representation Act.
From within the RWTH network, on the PRwiss (de) intranet pages, your can find out more about how the PRwiss can assist you in further improving your situation at RWTH Aachen.
We are there for you. Do not hesitate to contact us!