- +49 241 80 96155
- Send Email
Chair of Microeconomics
Research interests in the microeconomics group are focused on applied game theory, experimental economics and behavioral economics. We are particularly interested in research topics related to market design such as the design of auctions or matching markets. We offer infrastructure for running economic experiments and are able to provide financial support for research-related expenses.
- You hold an excellent university degree (master or equivalent) in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or Management Studies or Computer Science.
- You are interested in research in experimental and/or theoretical microeconomics, possibly with a focus on market design questions.
- You intend to take a doctoral degree.
- You have an excellent command of English and German.
- You are a creative and resourceful team player.
- You have a very good knowledge in the field of Microeconomics or you are prepared to extend your knowledge of that field.
- Relevant software skills, e.g. Stata, Matlab, Python, o-tree or z-tree are desirable but not essential. If you do not possess such skills, especially skills useful for programming experiments, you will be expected to acquire them in the course of your appointment.
- You will primarily be involved in conducting scientific research in collaboration with other researchers within the research group.
- You will also have an opportunity develop and implement your own projects and pursue a doctoral degree.
- You will be involved in managing lectures, supervising student theses and seminar papers, and in teaching primarily in the field of Microeconomics at Bachelor and Master level.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a regular employee.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and for 3 years. With a possible option for extension.
This is a full-time position. It is also available as part-time employment per request.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a Family-Friendly University.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
RWTH Aachen is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore ask you not to include a photo in your application.
For information on the collection of personal data pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please visit: http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung
|Mailing Address:||Sabine Ott|
RWTH Aachen University - Chair of Microeconomics
Secretary, Room 533
52062 Aachen - GERMANY
Please note, however, that communication via unencrypted e-mail poses a threat to confidentiality as it is potentially vulnerable to unauthorized access by third parties.