Equal Treatment and NondiscriminationMartin Braun
For a Culture of Awareness
There should be a culture of fairness, appreciation, and equal treatment at RWTH Aachen, including during conflict management. However, this is only possible, if every single person – whether from the student body or staff – takes responsibility for this and supports a culture of awareness, by taking a closer look and not looking away when conflicts take place or are initiated. Violence, harassment, discrimination, and derogatory behavior have no place at our university or anywhere else!
With more than 40,000 students and almost 10,000 employees, it goes without saying that there problems at RWTH Aachen. Additionally, it cannot be denied that the pressure in studies, research, and in work has intensified through the consolidation of curricula and workloads, which increases the vulnerability to conflicts. Fairness and equal opportunities are values that are sometimes forgotten, resulting in an increased number of cases of inequal treament, unfair behavior, agression, discrimination, bullying, and sexual violence.
This must not and shall not be tolerated, especially since there is a legal framework, to which we must hold ourselves. There are advising and support services for all target groups – both within and outside of the university. RWTH Aachen additionally has developed a two-step complaint process. For this it also has Guidelines for Protection against Discrimination according to the General Equal Treatment Act or AGG of RWTH Aachen University.
- Information about Equal Treatment & Nondiscrimination at RWTH Aachen (de/en) (pdf: 458 kb)
- Sexuelle Belästigung und Diskriminierung - Bei uns doch nicht!? (de) (pdf: 108 kb)
- RWTH Aachen Promotion of Women Plan (de) (pdf: 91 kb)
- Information about Bullying (de) (pdf: 93 kb)
- Information about Sexual Assault and Harassment (de) (pdf: 693 kb)
- Ínformation about Stalking (de) (pdf: 186 kb)