Facts and FiguresRWTH Aachen
How many students has RWTH Aachen had over so many years? How many employees at the university make sure that everything goes smoothly from enrollment to research proposals? The university summarizes current statistics, trends, and developments.
Current Slide Set
RWTH Key Data
Academics in Winter Semester 2017/2018
- 45,377 Students in the winter semester of 2017/2018
- 6,798 Students in the first core semester for a Bachelor's degree, Bachelor's Teacher Training Programs or Medicine/Dentistry Staatsexamen
- 3,219 Students in the first core semester for a Master's degree or Master's Teacher Training
- of which 1,798 students previously completed a Bachelor's degree at RWTH Aachen
- 157 Courses of study – of which 16 are private courses of study
- 9,651 International students from 125 countries
- 7,165 Graduates in the 2017 academic year, that is winter semester 2016/2017 and summer semester 2017
- 547 Professors as of December 31, 2017
- 5,564 Other academic staff (including externally funded staff)
- 2,786 Non-faculty staff (including externally funded staff)
- 599 Trainees and interns
- 9 Faculties
- 260 Institutes
- 6 Collaborative Research Centers and Transregios
- 10 Participations in Collaborative Research Areas and Transregional Collaborative Research Areas
- 36 Research Training Programs (including 9 DFG Research Training Groups)
- 1 Graduate School
- 2 Clusters of Excellence
- 1 Institutional Strategy “RWTH 2020: Meeting Global Challenges”
Annual Budget 2016
- 900 Million Euros in total annual budget, including
- 325,7 Million Euros in external funding
Table of Figures 2016
Table of Figures
The Table of Figures presents the University with key data from the previous academic and financial year. It serves the generation of the necessary transparency of the University both within internally and externally, while forming the basis for the differentiated controlling instruments of the University, which are important "building blocks" of the modern university management.
Quality Assurance and Increase of Excellence
The information compiled in the report are intended to support the Rectorate, the faculties and the University committees in decision-making issues. Information from the Table of Figures is increasingly needed for external university matters, such as accreditation or the establishment of rankings. The Table of Figures therefore makes a valuable contribution to quality assurance and enhancement of excellence of RWTH Aachen University.
You can find current RWTH Aachen statistics in the RWTH Aachen 2017 Slide Set.
Supplements to Table of Figures
In the download area, you can find supplementary information to the print version of the Table of Figures. All documents to download are in Excel format, so that you can edit or copy the data if necessary. Additionally, the autofilter function in the heading enables you to restrict characteristics, such as a certain subject or semester.