Dual Career ServiceThilo Vogel
The Dual Career Service at RWTH Aachen helps newly hired researchers and their families to settle into life in Aachen and the surrounding region. We offer support for adjusting to daily life in your new surroundings, and if your partner is looking for a new job in the area, we will be happy to provide advice even before you arrive.
Welcome to the Dual Career Service at RWTH Aachen University!
The Dual Career Service assists new faculty of RWTH Aachen University and their partners or spouses with their social integration in Aachen and aims at finding solutions to dual career challenges e.g. by identifying career opportunities in the Aachen region.
As persons of contact for new faculty and their family, we offer support by introducing them to social and economic networks and establishing contacts within the academic community. Further, we provide information and support relating to family-related questions such as housing, schooling, and day care opportunities for children.
We provide the following services:
Settling into Aachen
- Information about housing and living standards in the region
- Help in finding a house or apartment
- Support in choosing the right school or daycare centre for your children (in conjunction with the Family Services Center at RWTH Aachen)
- Information about leisure activities
- A network for establishing contacts within RWTH Aachen and beyond
Support for International Academics and their Partners
- Information and support with regard to administrative requirements for living and working in Aachen
- Arranging appropriate language courses
Support for Partners Seeking Work
- We use a combination of the networks available at RWTH and in the Aachen economic region to help partners of international academics find work.
Living and Working in Aachen
For further information on Living in Aachen, please visit the relevant pages of our research portal.