- Prof. Antonello Monti, Ph.D.
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Industrial Leadership
- Project duration:
- 01.10.2016 to 30.09.2018
- EU contribution:
- 1.594.280,88 euros
SmartGrid Active Distribution Management System to accommodate Renewable Energy Sources and Low Carbon Emissions Targets
A critical challenge for electricity Smartgrids is to optimise Distribution System Operators’ (DSO) ROI and avoid grid instabilities with ever increasing Renewable Energy Sources. ADMS will continuously monitor the dynamic state of networks and potential grid instability right to the LV grid-edge. It will disruptively change how Europe’s 2,400 DSOs manage and control their networks to improve network stability by 20 percent and grid capacity by 25 percent, reduce networks outages duration and customer losses by 20 percent and enable 25 percent more renewable connections, to help achieve their 2020 carbon reduction targets.
- Gridhound UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Germany
- ALTEA B.V., Netherlands
- The National Microelectronics Applications Centre Limited, Ireland
- Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna, Italy