Scholarship for Particularly Involved International Students
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
Within the framework of the DAAD program, STIBET I, the International Office awards scholarships to particularly involved students from funds provided by the Federal Foreign Office. These scholarships are targeted towards international students at RWTH Aachen, who distinguish themselves through involvement with an international context in their course of study and/or at the university.
Funding is provided for six months during the summer semester and comprises a monthly stipend of 300 Euros.
A selection committee in the International Office selects recipients based on achievements during studies and particular involvement in an international context at the university.
Who can apply?
RWTH Aachen students can apply who
- are completing a degree program at RWTH Aachen and have foreign citizenship and earned their university entrance qualification abroad (Bildungsausländer)
- have studied for at least two semesters at RWTH Aachen and have good to very good academic performance thus far
- have characterized themselves through outstanding international work at RWTH Aachen aside from their studies
- can demonstrate intercultural skills as well as German and English skills
Involvement in an international context can include, for example, mentoring international students as a buddy or involvement with initiatives and associations with an international focus.
RWTH Aachen students cannot apply who
- will finish their studies in the 2018 academic year
- are exchange students or only briefly studying in Aachen
- are only enrolled for the German course
- are German citizens or have a German university entrance qualification
- are not currently at the university, for example by completing an external practical period, a final thesis with a company, or a stay abroad
May 1 to 31
What application documents are required?
Submit the following documents to the online portal
- Application form with a statement of motivation and description of involvement
- Certificate of involvement
- Certificate of enrollment
- Current transcript of records
- Recommendation letter from a university teacher or departmental advisor
- Copy of passport
- If you have a part time job, including as a student assistant, you must submit a copy of your work contract. Please note that a scholarship holder, you may only earn up to 450 euros gross per month. Should you earn more than this amount, your monthly scholarship will be reduced by the difference.
Please note that applicants with an incomplete application or missing application documents will not be considered during the selection process. All application documents must be uploaded in a single PDF file online. Do not submit either physical documents or documents via email. We cannot process them.