Application to First Semester for Internationals
What to Do
- Fill out the Online Application and then print it out.
- Send the signed application with the required documents to Division 2.1 of the RWTH Aachen International Office before the deadline has passed.
Please supplement your application with the following documents:
- Print out of the signed online application, also called the admissions application
- Copy of your school-leaving certificate, secondary school certificate, or likewise
If you have already completed an at least four year long academic degree in your home country, such as a Bachelor, Licence, or Lisans diplomasi, you do not need to submit your school certificates.
- Tabular resume
Please include a resume of one to two pages without any gaps with your application. This should cover your entire career and education up until this point and contain the following points: education from elementary school until now, employment, stays abroad, volunteer work, awards, honors, etc.
- Letter of Motivation
- What perceptions do you have when thinking of studies in Germany?
- Why do you want to study at RWTH Aachen?
- Why do you want to study this specific subject? (Please mention your past academic or university experiences)
- Where did you receive informatio about RWTH Aachen and your desired subject (e.g. internet, alumni, fair, ...)?
- What career prospects do you hope to obtain by studying at RWTH Aachen?
- Additional documents that are required by the respective course of study exam regulation (e.g. proof of participation in a self assessment or a pre-internship, etc.)
You must submit proof of the required German skills with a copy of the certificate of participation, when applying for a NC subject. If you are applying for an open admission course of study, you can submit proof of language skills at the time of enrollment. Please note that you cannot enroll with proof of completion of a language course. A language course and the corresponding certificate cannot be completed during the first semester!
- Copy of language certificate. Applicants for an open admission course of study can submit this at the time of enrollment. See yellow box on the right.
- Copy of university entrance exam, if you have taken such an exam
- Copy of university diplomas or certificates if you have already completed university studies.
- Copies of transcripts of grades, and if possible module descriptions also called a diploma supplement, if you have already completed university studies
Please send your documents to
RWTH Aachen University
International Office – Abt. 2.1
|Course of Study||Application Deadline for the Winter Semester||Application Deadline
|Open-admission course of study||July 15||January 15||Online Application|
|Restricted-admission course of study (NC)||July 15||January 15||Online Application|