Enrollment in Bachelor Studies for Internationals
When do I need to enroll and what do I need?
In your admissions letter you will find information about the time and location of enrollment at the International Office. You will also receive information that explains what you need to enroll.
Please note that you must bring the originals of all the necessary documents to enroll. Notarized copies will be not be accepted.
You also need documentation of valid health insurance recognized in Germany. Please make sure to have such documentation before enrolling. Please note that you either need German public health insurance or certification from a German public health insurance company that your private insurance is equivalent. We do not accept travel health insurance.
What do I do before enrolling?
Before enrolling, log on to RWTHonline to update your personal data, such as your student address, and to upload your health insurance certificate and any other necessary documents, like a pre-internship certificate, termination of enrollment certificate, self assessment, or language certificate.
What documents do I need to prepare to enroll?
If you have received admission, you will need to prepare a few documents to enroll. Please bring the following documents with you to enrollment:
- A valid passport or personal identification, if you are a citizen of the EU
- Your letter of admission from RWTH Aachen
- The originals of your school and university certificates; if the originals are in English or French in addition to your native language, you must bring these as well.
- The original translations of your school and university certificates; these translations must be completed by a certified translation office or recognized by the German embassy or consulate in your home country. The translation office can either be in Germany or your home country.
- Original documentation of your acquired language skills as prescribed in your examination regulation.
- Insurance confirmation from a German publich health insurance company. You must have a statement from a German public health insurance company that you are either exempt from German public health insurance or have public health insurance. Before enrolling you must have visited a health insurance company and either have bought insurance or had them confirm that your current insurance is sufficient. You cannot enroll without this statement from a German public health insurance company. Public health insurance companies include Techniker Krankenkasse, TK, or the Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse, AOK.
- Proof of termination of studies at a German university if you have previously been enrolled at a German university; this also applies to former students at a Studienkolleg or preparatory college.
- The documents listed as missing in the admissions letter, such as proof of language skills
- Proof of pre-internships for those courses of study that require them
- Proof of participation in a RWTH Aachen Self Assessment
You will only be able to enroll at RWTH Aachen once you have brought all of the listed documents.