Academic Assistance for RefugeesTatiana Reichert
By providing targeted advising early on, the RWTH Aachen International Office wishes to ensure that refugees interested in studies obtain information about the requirements for university admission and about what steps they may need to take to qualify for studies.
Intensive Math Course for Refugees
In order to help them prepare for university studies, the RWTH Aachen International Office is collaborating with the Chair of Mathematics B to offer a free intensive math course to refugees interested in studying at a German university.
- Advising about access to studies at RWTH Aachen University
- Information about recognition of existing documents at RWTH Aachen University
- Advising about the language requirements for studies
Aside from questions about studies, questions about financing, language acquisition, and legal status play an important role. For this reason, RWTH Aachen closely cooperates with the city's respective offices and charity organizations that offer further advising in this field.
Important offices and points of contact in the city region include
- Jobcenter StädteRegion Aachen
- Federal Employment Agency
- the Immigration Office
- Municipal Integration Center of the Aachen City Region
- Trauma Outpatient Clinic at Uniklinik RWTH Aachen
If an individual is interested in pursuing studies in German, German language skills at the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages are required. Language courses are offered by the RWTH Aachen Language Center to help attain this skill level. RWTH Aachen reserves seats for refugees in these DSH preparation courses.
- Cusanuswerk-Bischöfliche Studienförderung
- Otto Benecke Stiftung e.V.
- Roland Berger Stiftung: Das Förderprogramm für junge unbegleitete Flüchtlinge
- Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH: Studienkolleg-Begabtenförderung für Lehramtsstudierende
- Deutsche Universitätsstiftung
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
- Hans Böckler Stiftung: Stipendien für Geflüchtete
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung: Stipendienprogramm – Medienvielfalt, anders
- Brot für die Welt - Evangelisches Werk für Diakonie und Entwicklung e.V. Flüchtlingsstipendienprogramm
- INTEZ e.V. – Association for the Integration of Highly Qualified Immigrants: Stipendium für hochqualifizierte Zuwanderinnen und Zuwanderer
- Schotstek – Karriere Kulturen Kontakte: Schotstek Stipendienprogramm
- START-Stiftung gGmbH: START-Stipendien für motivierte, neu zugewanderte Jugendliche
- Walter Blüchert Stiftung: hochform - Förderung für Akademiker mit Flüchtlingsstatus
- Services of the Begabtenförderungswerke for students and doctoral candidates
Refugee Counsellor Financing of Training and Studies
Kiron Open Higher Education
RWTH Aachen cooperates with Kiron Open Higher Education. Kiron makes it possible for refugees to take online courses during while applying for asylum.
Refugees interested in studying thus have the opportunity to productively use the time during their stay and learn online with the help of English-language massive open online courses or MOOCs.
Bridge Courses at RWTH Aachen
The bridge courses begin in August and end shortly before lectures begin. You are allowed to participate in the bridge courses even if you have not been accepted to the university. You are not required to show proof of enrollment.
Good Academic Start in Engineering
Do you want to study engineering but don't know whether studies at the FH Aachen or RWTH Aachen are right for you? Semester "0" offers the advantage of you not having to choose where to study immediately. You enroll at both universities for the summer semester. After having gained first impressions in the summer term, you then choose what university and what course of study to enroll in in the upcoming winter term.