1st Aachen Furnace Construction and Thermal Processes Colloquium
Thursday, May 11, to Friday, May 12, 2017
The Institute for Industrial Furnaces and Heat Engineering, IOB for short, was founded at RWTH Aachen University in the year 1957. The 60th anniversary is now being marked by a colloquium. The current state of research and development as well as process and plant technology of industrial furnace design will be presented on one hand, and on the other, the future tasks and challenges of this branch of trade will be discussed. The Institute for Industrial Furnaces and Heat Engineering is hosting the 1st Aachen Furnace Construction and Thermal Processes Colloquium on May 11 and 12, 2017.
Apart from the 60 years of IOB anniversary celebrations, the focus of the colloquium will be on presentations on a variety of topics from Science and Industry, such as, among others:
- Current trends in the field of industrial furnaces and heat engineering plants
- Innovations regarding furnace components, such as burners and heat exchangers
- Current developments in the area of instrumentation and control engineering
- Energy efficient operation of industrial furnaces and heat processing plants
- Modelling and simulation of industrial furnaces and thermal processes
- Combustion process technologies, such as FLOX and OxyFuel
The program will be rounded off with an evening event and an exhibition by companies of the trade.
|When?||May 11 and 12, 2017|
|Contact||Professor Herbert Pfeifer|