Enrollment in Master Studies for Internationals



+49 241 80 90674



If you have received admission, you will need to prepare a few documents to enroll. Please bring the following documents with you to enrollment:

  • A valid passport or personal identification, if you are a citizen of the EU
  • Your letter of admission from RWTH Aachen
  • The originals of your Bachelor degree or documentation of a comparable degree
  • The originals of your certificates and transcript of records. These translations must be completed by a certified translation office or recognized by the German embassy or consulate in your home country. The translation office can either be in Germany or your home country.
  • Original documentation of your acquired language skills
    You will find the language requirements for the Master’s here.
  • Insurance confirmation from a German publich health insurance company. You must have a statement from a German public health insurance company that you are either exempt from German public health insurance or have public health insurance. Before enrolling you must have visited a health insurance company and either have bought insurance or had them confirm that your current insurance is sufficient. You cannot enroll without this statement from a German public health insurance company. Public health insurance companies include Techniker Krankenkasse, TK, or the Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse, AOK.
  • Proof of termination of studies at a German university if you have previously been enrolled at a German university; this also applies to former students at a Studienkolleg or preparatory college.
  • The documents listed as missing in the admissions letter, such as proof of language skills

You will only be able to enroll at RWTH Aachen once you have brought all of the listed documents.

Your admissions letter contains information about the location and time of enrollment. Please read all the documents sent with the letter. They contain additional information about enrollment and starting your studies.