Skills Training at the Center for Doctoral Studies (CDS)Thilo Vogel
What is the Center for Doctoral Studies?
The Center for Doctoral Studies, CDS for short, is the center for providing continuing education and transferable skill training opportunities for doctoral candidates.
Skills, which are important for your doctoral studies and career, are particularly valued.
One of RWTH Aachen's goals is for its young researchers not only to possess excellent subject oriented skills but also a broad range of skills outside of their discipline. The CDS supports doctoral candidates with their career development.
The CDS falls under the responsibility of the Vice-Rector for Human Resources Management and Development and is advised and supported by a scientific council.
One of RWTH Aachen's goals within its integrated Human Resources Development Concept, is to promote the professional development and career of its doctoral candidates. For this reason, RWTH Aachen offers more than 200 training measures within CDS that orient themselves on the identified fields of action for human resources development.
The acquisition of key skills can be recorded in the RWTH Aachen Doctorate Supplement.
Who is the Center for Doctoral Studies intended for?
- All doctoral candidates in Faculties 1 through 8
- Doctoral candidates in Faculty 10, pursuing the degrees "Dr. rer. medic." or "Dr. nat. med."
- Participants of the TANDEMmed mentoring program
- Participants in the structured RWTH Aachen doctoral program / Graduate Schools
- Doctoral candidates from other universities, who are working at Forschungszentrum Jülich