India is one of the countries of focus in RWTH's internationalization strategy. Collaboration with Indian universities and research institutions plays a prominent role.
General Information about India
- Indian Embassy in Germany
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research - Information on India (de)
- Ministry of External Affairs of India
- German Missions in India
- India Federal Foreign Office
- Indian Public Diplomacy
- National Port of India
- Incredible India
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations
Information about Studies in India
- German Academic Exchange Service DAAD: India Country Information
- DAAD Liaison Office: New Delhi
- DAAD India Country Profile
- DAAD A New Passage to India
- Study Abroad in India
- Short film: Hyderabadi Biryani
The most important source of information is your home institute at RWTH Aachen.
For general advice on international internships, please refer to Internship Placements Abroad. The web pages of the DAAD provide you with a comprehensive overview of funding and other opportunities for internships abroad. Furthermore, the Career Center may also publish internship offers on its web page.
We also recommend to check out the DAAD Information Center in New Delhi for tips and hints.
The Internet platform KOPRA offers a database of internships in the East Asian region.
- German Embassy New Delhi Science Circle
- German House for Research and Innovation - New Delhi
- Indo-German Science & Technology Centre
- Collaboration between TU9 Universities and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi
The BMBF funds theTU9 universities' collaborations to support research partnerships with the IIT Mandi, founded in 2009. Funding is provided for research stays completed by Indian and German scientists as well as for seminars, workshops, and network meetings. Here is a presentation from IIT Mandi, a list of research fields, and a summary of TU9's research measures.
Applications can be submitted until November 15, 2016. Further information and the application form are available for download. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Bettina Dinter from the International Office or Mr. Stephan, who is program manager for the cooperation.IGCS
RWTH Aachen maintains a research collaboration with the Indo-German Center for Sustainability at IIT Madras, IGCS for short. The IGCS offers funding opportunities for German and Indian students, doctoral students, postdocs, and reseachers in general.
Research Funding OrganizationBKD
RWTH Aachen Exchange Programs
Here you can find an overview of RWTH Aachen's Indian partner universities. Please get more information about the faculty partnership from your faculty's study abroad coordinator.
We recommend attending our group advising sessions.
Furthermore, you can also find information about different exchange and study programs at Indian universities on the corresponding webpages.
RWTH Aachen offers the following scholarship program for exchanges with India: PROMOS.
You can find comprehensive information about different scholarship programs on the following website: DAAD Scholarship Database.
You can find general information about scholarship and funding on our scholarship page.
Learning the Language
The Intercultural Center of Aachen Students INCAS facilitates language tandems.
Through the BeBuddy Program you have the possibility of meeting Indian exchange students.
Networks and Indian RWTH Alumni
India and Indian Culture in Germany
- AISA - Association of Indian Students Aachen
- Deutsch-Indische Gesellschaft Aachen
- Indian Culture Institute
- Indien aktuell
- Consulate General of India