China is one of the countries of focus in RWTH's internationalization strategy. Collaboration with Chinese universities and research institutions plays a prominent role.
General Information about China
You can get a general overview of China from the following sites:
- People's Republic of China Embassy in the Federal Republic of Germany
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research - Information on China (de)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
- German Embassy in China (de)
- Federal Foreign Office
- Audio-Beitrag Austausch zwischen Deutschland und China - Interview mit Klaus Birk vom DAAD in der ARD-Mediathek. Quelle: Deutschlandfunk
Information about Studies in China
You can get information about studies in China here:
- German Academic Exchange Service DAAD Country Information China
- DAAD Liaison Office in Beijing
- DAAD Go out Blog
- Study in China-Website of the China Scholarship Council, CSC
- RWTH Aachen Liaison Office in Beijing
- Studieren weltweit (de)
By now it has become quite difficult to organize an internship in China, which is due to the fact that since July 2013, visas are only granted to students enrolled at a Chinese university. Unfortunately, RWTH Aachen is not able to assist students in this matter.
For general information on internships abroad, please visit the University's web pages on Internship Placements Abroad. The German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD, provides a comprehensive overview of internship and funding opportunities (de) abroad. From time to time, the Career Center announces internship offers from Chinese institutions and companies.
The German Academic Exchange Service has a liaison office in Beijing, the DAAD Office Beijing, which can provide you with further information.
The KOPRA internet platform offers a database of internship offers in East Asia.
RWTH Aachen maintains the following research collaboration:
Tsinghua Strategic Partnership
- You can find information about the funding program Strategic Partnership with Tsinghua here.
Research Funding Organizations
- DFG - Chinese-German Center for the Promotion of Research Beijing
- National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
RWTH Aachen Exchange Programs
Here you can find an overview of RWTH Aachen's Chinese partner universities. Please get more information about the faculty partnership from your faculty's study abroad coordinator.
We recommend attending our group advising sessions.
Furthermore, you can also find information about different exchange and study programs at Chinese universities on the corresponding webpages.
RWTH Aachen offers the following scholarship programs for exchanges with China:
You can find comprehensive information about different scholarship programs on the following websites:
- MOFCOM Scholarship China 2017-2018 for Master and doctoral students. Application deadline: April 30, 2017
- Free excursion to China as part of the Huawei Study Program in March 2017 for RWTH students with German citizenship. Application deadline: November 27, 2016
- China Scholarship Program of the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung and the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the European Union
- Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program für Bachelor, Master, Promotion
- Chinese Government Scholarship Program
You can find general information about scholarships and funding on our scholarship page.
The RWTH Language Center: Chinese offers language courses for different learning levels
RWTH students may pay a reduced fee for the Summer Schools at partner universities
The Intercultural Center of Aachen Students INCAS facilitates language tandems
Through the BeBuddy Program you have the possibility of meeting Chinese exchange students
Taiwan's Ministry of Education offers the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program for a Chinese language course for up to one year in Taiwan.
The Landespracheninstitut at Ruhr University of Bochum also offers the LSI-Sinicum course program.
China and Chinese Culture in Germany