Dialogue-Oriented Service Process (DoSV)
RWTH Aachen is participating in the Dialogue-Oriented Service Process or DoSV of the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung in the 2017/18 winter semester with the following courses of study:
- Psychology (Bachelor of Science)
- Business Administration (Bachelor of Science)
- Biology (Bachelor of Science)
The DoSV consists of four phases with differing durations and deadlines. These four phases are explained below.RWTH Aachen
May 11 to July 15
You register with the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung. After you have successfully registered you apply for your desired university or universities via the Hochschulstart-Portal.RWTH Aachen only requires that you send your application documents in the mail for certain parts. Carefully read the information on the application form. You will only be notified in the portal if you have documents missing. It is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete.
Coordination Phase I
July 16 to August 15
The universities conduct the admissions process and send the results to the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung. You can view that status of your applications and any admissions offers in your user account. Please note that as soon as you have accepted an offer, your application will no longer be considered for the other universities, so that other applicants can have a spot.
August 16 to 18
If you have not accepted an admissions offer by the time the decision phase starts, this is your last opportunity to re-prioritize your applications for the following coordination phase. If you do not change the order, it will remain the same.
Coordination Phase II
August 19 to 24
If you have not accepted an admissions offer, an optimal admissions offer will be automatically created for you using your priority ranking and the ranking lists of the universities.
If there are still study placements available after Coordination Phase 2 ends, they will be allocated through a lottery process. You can apply via the lottery process from August 15 to September 15 online at www.rwth-aachen.de/losverfahren.
The online application alone is sufficient if you are applying after having acquired your university entrance qualification certificate in Germany.
If the following cases apply to you, you must submit not only the online application but also the signed application form and corresponding documentation by July 20 to the RWTH Registrar's Office. Since this is a final deadline, we recommend sending the application via registered mail.
This concerns the following cases
- You have a subject-linked university entrance qualification
- You acquired your university entrance qualification abroad
- You completed service - either military or federal voluntary service
- You are submitting an application to complete a second undergraduate degree (if you have finished your first degree by July 15)
- You are submitting an application for compensation of disadvantages (improvement of your GPA or waiting time)
- You are submitting an application to improve the waiting time (for example because you have completed vocational training or acquired the university entrance qualification certificate)
- You are submitting a hardship application
- You are submitting an application for preferential admission
You will not be included in the allocation process if you do not submit these applications or requests.