Media Designer Digital and Print
- Secondary School-Leaving Qualification: Schulischer Teil der Fachhochschulreife; applicants should have good grades in German, English, and math.
- Selection Process: application and interviews
- Personal Requirements: teamwork, resilience, design talent, interest in designing variuos types of media, technical understanding, desterity, careful and prudent work, technical interest
- Aptitude Test: No
- Length of Training: 3 years
- Professional Association: Chamber of Commerce and Industry Aachen (IHK)
- Exam: Mid exam and final exam
- Continued Training: Medienfachwirtin oder Medienfachwirt, Meisterin oder Meister
Media Designer Digital and Print is a three-year recognized vocation in the media and communications sector with various specializations. RWTH Aachen offers the specialization "Design and Technology."
During the apprenticeship, you will learn the various aspects of this profession. You will design media products and plan production processes. You will combine media elements, prepare data for digital use, and organize data for its respective uses.
At the end of the apprenticeship, a theoretical and practical exam will test your knowledge. The theory is tested in exams at the Berufsschule. The practical exam takes place in the workplace under the supervision of someone from the examination board.
Practical training takes place at the RWTH Institute of Automotive Engineering.
Academic training takes place once a week at the Berufskolleg für Technik und Gestaltung der Stadt Aachen, Neuköllner Straße 15, 52068 Aachen.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 901.82 Euros
2nd Training Year: 955.96 Euros
3rd Training Year: 1,005.61 Euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 Euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2016, 20 Euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 29 days a year
Brief Info: Media Designer Digital and Print (en)
(pdf: 34 kb)
Here you can find initial information at a glance!