Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program
Chinese Language Course in Taiwan
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
The Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program of the Ministry of Education in Taiwan is open to one RWTH Aachen student to learn Chinese. The applicant is free to choose any language center associated with a university. The maximum duration is one year.
The monthly scholarship amount is 25,000 New Taiwan Dollar or NTD. This covers the tuition fees – on average 6,000 NTD per month – and the cost of living.
The next call is for September of the current year to August of the following year. You can receive the scholarship only for six or twelve months. Applications can be submitted to the International Office by January 31 of the respective year. Subsequently you will be invited to a selection interview.
The Taiwanese Ministry of Education has set the following requirements:
- must be at least 18 years old and be German citizens. They must have a university entrance qualification and documentation of good academic performance in the highest academic degree attained thus far.
- are not allowed to possess a passport fo the Republic of China (Taiwan) or the status of an overseas Chinese student.
- are not allowed to be participating in a language course in Taiwan at the time of application or have previously attained an academic degree at a Taiwanese university/college
- are not allowed to have already received a scholarship from the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program (formerly the Mandarin Enrichment Scholarship Program) or from the Taiwan Scholarship Program or previously studied in a Degreee-program at a Taiwanese university.
- are not allowed to be exchange students during the scholarship duration.
- are not allowed to simultaneously receive scholarships or financial aid from other Taiwanese government offices or institutions.
You are free to choose a language center in Taiwan when participating in the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program. Applicants are in charge of their admission to the respective university in Taiwan and must complete the approval process there in due form and time themselves. A scholarship grant is only valid once confirmation of admission has been presented. This must be submitted by June 30, 2017. You can find a list of all the language centers on the website Study in Taiwan.
Submit the following documents until January 31, 2017, to apply:
- Completed and signed Application Form for ROC (Taiwan) Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2017-18
- Signed copy of the Terms of Agreement Huayu Enrichment Scholarship
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your highest academic degree, list of courses taken with notes
- Tabular resume (in German)
- Statement of motivation (in German)
- Copy of the application for admission to a language center in Taiwan and confirmation of receipt by the language center (can be sumitted later on)