ITA in VDMA compilation "Industrie 4.0"
ITA in VDMA compilation “Industrie 4.0 Research at German Research Institutes – An Overview”
The Institut für Textiltechnik of RWTH Aachen University, ITA for short, is featured in the VDMA (Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbauer, German Engineering federation) compilation „Industrie 4.0 Research at German Research Institutes – An Overview“ with some actual research projects. Key issues are cognitive and self-optimising textile machinery, the human-machine-interface, the networked textile process chain and the textile factory operation. ITA signifies the following most important projects with reference to Industrie 4.0:
- Excellence Cluster – Integrated production technology for high-wage countries
- SmartFactory – Elaboration of specific requirements of Industrie 4.0 in the textile industry
- SpeedFactory – Automated piece production of sporting goods and car seats
- StoreFactory – Real-time implementation of customised, knitted products based on customer-specific design requirements and physiological requirements
- SozioTex – Analysis and design of new socio-technical systems based on the handling of an innovative cross-linked production process through an ageing personnel
- AugmenTex – Realistic, time independent and independent learning of the functionality of textile machinery with the aid of Augmented Reality
- Many further direct research and development projects.
The VDMA provides its members and interested companies with the compilation „Industrie 4.0 Research at German Research Institutes – An Overview“ an insight in the work of German research institutes in the range of Industrie 4.0.