Specialization: System Integration
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife
- Selection Process: Application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirements: Interest in data analysis, enthusiasm for new technology, analytical and logical thinking skills
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Length of Training: three years
- Professional Assocation: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: Mid exam and final exam
- Dual Qualification: Students who perform well have the opportunity to gain a university of applied science entrance qualification in parallel to their training at the vocational school.
RWTH Aachen trains IT specialists in the specialization in system integration. They design and create complex information and telecommunications systems by integrating hard- and software components. They install and configure networked information and communication systems and put them into operation. They are able to fix malfunctions in information and communication systems. In addition to the maintenance of IT-settings, they also work with system solutions, advising, and teaching users. Typical fields of application are networks, client/server systems, or radio networks.
A dvanced continued training programs leading to a degree recognized by the state and in accordance with the IT-Fortbildungsverordnung:
- IT-Entwicklerinnen und -entwickler
- IT-Projektleiterin und -leiter
- IT-Beraterin und -Berater
- IT-Ökonomin und -Ökonom
Technische Betriebswirtin und Technischer Betriebswirt
Wirtschafts-Informatikerin und -Informatiker
Studies at a university of applied sciences or a research university with the corresponding academic prerequisites
Training takes place at the appropriately equipped university institution. Supplementary courses and seminars (de) take place centrally through RWTH. During the third training year, apprentices participate in a so-called company internship outside of RWTH Aachen.
Courses take place two days a week at the Berufskolleg für Gestaltung und Technik der Stadt Aachen, Neuköllner Straße 15, 52068 Aachen.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 901.82 Euros
2nd Training Year: 955.96 Euros
3rd Training Year: 1,005.61 Euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 Euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2016, 20 Euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 29 days a year
- Berufsbild Fachinformatikerin und Fachinformatiker Fachrichtung Systemintegration_aktuell.pdf (pdf: 153 kb)
Practical Training Plan
(pdf: 176 kb)
Information on the focuses for the school and practical training