Machine and Plant Operator
Specialization: Textile Technology
- Secondary School-Leaving Qualification: Hauptschulabschluss or Fachoberschulreife
- Selection Process: Application and interviews
- Personal Requirements: technical understanding, interest in testing/inspecting activities, interest in physical work, manual dexterity, flexibility
- Aptitude Test: No
- Length of Training: 2 years
- Professional Association: Chamber of Commerce and Industry Aachen (IHK)
- Exam: Mid exam and final exam
- Continued Training: It is possible for training to be supplemented through Production Mechanic vocational training, building on this.
As a machine and plant operator with a specialization in textile technology, you are involved in the installation, modification, and operation of production machines. They prepare operating procedures, check machine functions, and service the machines. Another responsibility is regularly inspecting the machines in order to maintain operational conditions and to quickly recognize and fix defects. You make sure that the production process runs smoothly from fiber processing to the final product. As a machine and plant operator, you regularly service and repair machines, for example by refilling oil, cooling agents, and lubricants, switch out wearing parts such as seals, filters, or hoses, and readjust the clearance of moving parts. You supervise production processes, operate and direct the flow of materials, and make sure quality assurance measures are implemented.
Practical training takes place at the RWTH Aachen Institute for Textile Technology.
Vocational training courses take place two days a week at the Berufskolleg für Technik, Nideggener Straße 43, 52349 Düren.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 936.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 990.96 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2018, 21 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 29 days a year
Brief Information: Machine and Plant Operator with a Specialization in Textile Technology (de)
(pdf: 40 kb)
Here you can find initial information at a glance!