- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife
- Selection Process: application and interviews
- Personal Requirements: outgoing, ability to work in stressful situations, social interest, empathy, helpfulness, conscientiousness
- Aptitude Test: no
- Length of Training: 3 years
- Professional Association: Ärztekammer Nordrhein
- Exam: mid exam and final exam
- Further Training: Technikerin oder Techniker im Bereich Medizintechnik, Betriebswirtin oder -wirt (staatlich geprüft)
Medical assistants need to be extremely sociable and have an excellent ability to communicate in daily interactions with patients. Medical assistants' main responsibility is caring for patients and assisting doctors. During your three year training period, you will be placed in all the departments of the university medical center. This encompasses registration and assignment of patients, the EKG department, the lab, the pulmonary department, and hearing and vision tests. Since the placements include a broad range of specializations, flexibility is of the utmost importance. This includes the areas of medical correspondence and occupation health administration. Since, as an apprentice, you are automatically included in normal workflows of each department, careful, precise work and discretion are primary requirements for training.
Practical training takes place at the University doctor. Apprentices cycle through various departments during their three years of training (patient registration and assignment, lab, EKG, pulmonary function).
Academic training takes place at the Paul-Julius-Reuter-Schule, Berufskolleg K1 der Stadt Aachen,
Beeckstraße 23 - 25, 52062 Aachen.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 901.82 Euros
2nd Training Year: 955.96 Euros
3rd Training Year: 1,005.61 Euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 Euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2016, 20 Euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 29 days a year
Brief Information: Medical Assistant (de)
(pdf: 44 kb)
Here you can find initial information at a glance!