In light of the progressive spread of the coronavirus and the associated effects on society, RWTH Aachen University has decided to cancel the festivities for its 150th anniversary this year.
„Lernen. Forschen. Machen.“
The Exhibition.Copyright: www.medien.aachen.de / Peter Hinschläger
We will not only be celebrating RWTH’s anniversary with big events throughout 2020, but also with several different projects and activities.
Cancelled: May 16 to August 9, 2020, Centre Charlemagne
In honor of the anniversary, RWTH Aachen University and the City of Aachen will be holding a special exhibition at the Centre Charlemagne from May 16 to August 9, 2020. The vernissage will take place on May 15.
The exhibition will provide insights into RWTH’s history and development by showcasing research highlights and specializations from all relevant areas over the last century and a half. The exhibition will, among others, focus on the following topics:
- Historical development (founding, key data, current situation, future outlook)
- Gender and diversity
- People and well-known personalities
- Young talent (students, trainees, scholars)
- Social responsibility
The exhibition follows the anniversary motto of “Lernen. Forschen. Machen.”:
- It clearly emphasizes how relevant RWTH has been for the city, region, and society since the very beginning and how the institution will continue in this vain in the future.
- This will be conveyed in a range of different displays and research exhibition items – most of which we now use in our everyday lives, or will use in the future. Together, they show the historical development the University has significantly contributed to.
Critical topics such as commissioned research or the University under Nazi rule will also be covered.
Further, the exhibition will feature a varied program of supporting events designed jointly by the city and the University.