for devices and systems, information and communication technical devices
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife or good Hauptschuldegree or equivalent
- Selection Process: Application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirements: Interest in electronics, abstract and logical thinking skills, flexibility
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Length of Training: 3.5 years
- Professional Association: Chamber of Commerce and Industry Aachen
- Exam: Extended final exam (Part 1 during training, Part 2 at the end of training)
- Dual Qualification: Students who perform well have the opportunity to gain a university of applied science entrance qualification in parallel to their training at the vocational school.
- Continued Training: Technician, Bachelor of Engineering, Meisterin and Meister
Vocational training for electronics technicians for devices and systems qualifes them to manufacture and service electronic components and devices. Typical fields of application are information and communication technology devices, medical devices, systems that move themselves, such as production machines or robots, system components, sensors, drives, microsystems, and measurement and inspection technology. With a high degree of autonomy, drawing on documents and instructions, they carry out these tasks in accordance with safety regulations and other relevant regulations in manufacturing, quality control, development and testing workshops, and in the assembly of facilities and systems.
They coordinate their work with colleagues in other areas of the manufacturing chain. The hands-on professional training is characterized by a problem- and practice-oriented approach. Among other things, the trainees contribute to the creation of (system) wiring diagrams and wiring boards.
Practical training takes place at the respective university institution. It is supplemented through courses and seminars at the RWTH Aachen BAZ.
School training takes place in the Berufskolleg für Gestaltung und Technik der Stadt Aachen, Neuköllner Straße 15, 52068 Aachen.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 1,036.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,090.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,140.61 euros
4th Training Year: 1,209.51 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2022, 22.50 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Information: Electronics Technician (de)
(pdf: 154 kb)
Here you can get initial information at a glance!
Seminars and Courses for Electronics Technicians (de)
(pdf: 80 kb)
Information on seminars and courses to be completed during vocational training.