for industrial engineering
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife or good Hauptschuldegree or equivalent
- Selection Process: Application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirements: Interest in electronics, abstract and logical thinking skills, flexibility
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Length of Training: 3.5 years
- Professional Association: Chamber of Commerce and Industry Aachen
- Exam: Extended final exam (Part 1 during training, Part 2 at the end of training)
- Dual Qualification: Students who perform well have the opportunity to gain a university of applied science entrance qualification in parallel to their training at the vocational school.
- Continued Training: Technician, Bachelor of Engineering, Meisterin and Meister
In today’s digital age, electronics are omnipresent in energy and communications technology. Electronics technicians for industrial engineering are responsible for ensuring that the electronic systems faultlessly function and interact with the mechanical systems. As an electronics technician for industrial engineering, you will assemble, install, and program electrical operating, production, and process equipment, as well as switchgear, control, and power supply systems.
You will calculate and calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and components, put systems into operation and check that they are safe. You will immerse yourself in electrical engineering principles and learn how to read circuit diagrams. In ongoing operations, you will monitor and maintain production systems and rectify any malfunctions that occur. With a high degree of autonomy, you carry out these tasks in compliance with safety provisions and other relevant regulations.
Electronics technicians for industrial engineering are professional electrical experts in terms of accident prevention.
Practical training takes place at the Institut für Textiltechnik. It is supplemented through courses and seminars at the RWTH Aachen BAZ.
School training takes place in the Berufskolleg für Gestaltung und Technik der Stadt Aachen, Neuköllner Straße 15, 52068 Aachen.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 1,036.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,090.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,140.61 euros
4th Training Year: 1,209.51 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2018, 21 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Information: Electronics Technician (de)
(pdf: 304 kb)
Here you can get initial information at a glance!
Seminars and Courses for Electronics Technicians (de)
(pdf: 125 kb)
Information on seminars and courses to be completed during vocational training.