Process Technician (Metal)
Specialization: Iron and Steel Metallurgy or Ferrous Metallurgy
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife or guter Hauptschulabschluss
- Selection Process: application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirement: interest in technology and mechanical technical processes, interest in chemical processes, visual thinking, Vorliebe für den Umgang mit dem Werkstoff Metall, health, fitness, and immunity to high altitudes
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Length of Training: three and a half years
- Professional Association: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: mid exam and final exam
- Further Training: Hochofen- oder Stahlschmelzerin und -schmelzer, Industriemeisterin und -meister der Fachrichtung Hüttentechnik, Gießereitechnikerin und -techniker, Studiengang im Bereich Werkstofftechnik
RWTH Aachen trains process engineers in metallurgy and semi-finished products. Process engineers in metallurgy and the semi-finished products industry are specialists in the production of pig iron and steel. They primarily work around furnaces and in steel mills, which create the pig iron, alloy steel, ferro alloys, pipes, and bright steel. Furthermore, they are also active in foundries. Some process engineers process iron or steel in recycling centers.
- in shop floors
- at measurement, control and test cells
- in operational facilities
Vocational training courses take place either weekly or in block form at the Berufskolleg Eschweiler.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 1,036.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,090.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,140.61 euros
4th Training Year: 1,209.51 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2018, 21 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year