Research Assistant/Associate (m/f/d)
PhD students for "Thermodynamics for highly efficient combustion engines" VKA-No.: 18150)
Dr. Marco Günther
- work Phone
- +49 241 80 48080
- Send Email
Institute for Combustion Engines (VKA)
At the Institute for Combustion Engines (VKA) and the Center for Mobile Propulsion (CMP) under the direction of Prof. Dr.-Ing. (USA) Stefan Pischinger, research on all topics concerning the vehicle powertrain is conducted. Core focus is still the research on conventional combustion engine development like the implementation of innovative engine designs, fundamental research on more efficient combustion processes also in combination with alternative fuels or the improvement of the engine mechanics and aftertreatment systems. Additional research areas include virtual engine development, hybrid powertrains, electromobility as well as fuel cells and mechatronics for combustion engines. At any time research is closely associated with the ongoing development of intelligent methods for test procedures and engine calibration. The Institute for Combustion Engines employs more than 260 scientific, technical and administrative employees as well as student assistants.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in mechanical engineering with concentration on Thermodynamics/Fluid Dynamics disciplines is preferred
- Pronounced basic knowledge at the above-mentioned working priorities
- Proficient computer and software skills (MS Office, Matlab/Simulink, INCA etc.)
- Good English knowledge (written & spoken)
- High degree of initiative, discipline and organizational skills
- Ability to work scientifically and independently
- Creativity, flexibility, team ability
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical engineer with the main focus on thermodynamics / combustion technology / control technology
- Combustion system development for novel synthetic fuels
- Injection, mixture formation and combustion research
- Experimental work at ultra-modern test benches with the focus on fuel efficiency and emission reduction
- Accompanying analyses of the thermodynamic process by special measurement technologies and numerical simulations
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and limited to 1 year . An extension up to 4 years is provided.
The standard weekly hours will be 39,83 .
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary corresponds to pay grade EG 13 TV-L of the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. We also offer a comprehensive continuing education scheme and a public transportation ticket available at a significantly reduced price.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung
|Application deadline :||10.11.2021|
|Mailing Address :||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehrstuhl für Verbrennungskraftmaschinen