Prof. Dr.-Ing. R. Schelenz
- +49 241/80 96797
- Send Email
Chair for Wind Power Drives
The Chair for Wind Power Drives at RWTH Aachen University researches in the field of drive systems for wind turbines (WT).
The acoustic behavior of a WT represents a key technology for using the entire surface potential and increasing acceptance.
Thus, the cause of disturbing noise components should already be identified during the design process and their transmission reduced
or even eliminated.
- Motivation to work independently and on your own responsibility, communication and team skills, as well as a good command of the English and German language.
- Passionate approach to solving complex, interdisciplinary problems.
- Completed studies (master or comparable) as a mechanical engineer, industrial engineer or mechatronics technician.
- Knowledge of machine acoustics, FE and MKS.
- Experimental experience is desired.
- Basic knowledge of the functionalities of wind turbines is required.
to strengthen our team in the department Wind Plant and Farm Design with emphasis on modelling, simulation and transfer path
- Contributing in a research project with focus on acoustic modelling of overall WT system and transfer path analysis.
- Extending and improving of existing simulation models.
- Developing and optimizing of constructive measures to optimize acoustic transfer paths.
- Validating of the developed solutions during field tests.
- Cooperating with industrial partners and international research institutes.
- Possibility of obtaining a doctoral degree in the course of working on the research project.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a regular employee.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and auf 2 Jahre. An extension for another 3 years is planned.
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a Family-Friendly University.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
RWTH Aachen University is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore ask you not to include a photo in your application.
For information on the collection of personal data pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please visit: http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung
|Mailing Address:||Herrn Professor Dr.-Ing. R. Schelenz|
CWD - Chair for Wind Power Drives
Please note, however, that communication via unencrypted e-mail poses a threat to confidentiality as it is potentially vulnerable to unauthorized access by third parties.