Research Assistant/Associate (f/m/d)
Postdoctoral position in Information Theory and Data Analytics
- Send Email
Lehrstuhl für Informationstheorie und Datenanalytik
The ISEK (Information Theory and Design of Communication Systems) group, headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Anke Schmeink, is a research group at RWTH Aachen with research interests in information theory and data analytics with applications in communication systems and biomedicine. Our group belongs to the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
More information can be found on our website.
We are looking for a Postdoc and would be pleased to welcome you as part of our team.
- You have a doctorate/PhD in electrical engineering and information technology, computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
- You have a proven track record in the following disciplines: machine learning and data science with applications in biomedicine and/or wireless communications.
- You have excellent analytical skills.
- You have presented your work at international conferences and/or published in relevant journals.
- You are a fast learner, dedicated, autonomous and creative.
- You have experience in supervising Bachelor and Master students.
- You are eager and able to (co-)supervise PhD students and take a leading role in research projects.
- You have excellent language skills (English) and are willing to learn German.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- As member of our ISEK team, you will do cutting-edge research in data analytics and machine learning with medical and/or wireless communication applications.
- You will take a leading role in research projects funded by DFG, BMBF or industrial partners.
- You will supervise PhD, Master and Bachelor students working on related topics.
- You will be involved in the teaching duties of the group.
- You will present your work at national and international conferences and publish in the leading journals in our discipline.
- As part of your research activities, you will be offered the opportunity to prepare for a habilitation (Habilitation).
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term of three years.
The option to extend the contract to max. 6 years is available and desirable.
The fixed-term employment is possible as it constitutes one of the fixed-term options of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (German Act on Fixed-term Scientific Contracts).
This is a full-time position with the possibility of a part-time contract upon request.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of TV-L EG 13.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. We also offer a comprehensive continuing education scheme and a public transportation ticket available at a significantly reduced price.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet für Informationstheorie und Systematischer Entwurf von Kommunikationssystemen
Prof.Dr. Anke Schmeink
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.