Student Health Management – SGMCopyright: Hochschulsportzentrum
Information for Students on the Coronavirus Pandemic
The AStA Students' Committee offers comprehensive information for students on new developments surrounding the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on university life. Please check out the AStA website and the
News Portal on the Coronavirus Pandemic on the RWTH website for the latest developments and recommendations. The portal also provides you with links to important institutions and further information.
All the best, take care, and stay healthy!
It is undoubtedly RWTH Aachen University’s paramount aim to provide students with sound scientific qualifications and to deliver outstanding graduates.
To ensure that students can cope with the demands of their studies now and in their everyday working lives later, the University is, however, also committed to fostering student health and well-being.
We want to provide students with better personal health resources and help them minimize health risks. We are also concerned with giving the future managers and decision-makers among our students the skills to later practice a health-promoting management style.
Student health management aims to integrate these aspects into students’ everyday lives in a sustainable way and to enable them to study, learn, and live healthily.
We Need Your Input
Please get in touch if you have any bright ideas and would like to be actively involved in developing measures geared towards students' needs.
What are our goals at a glance?
The RWTH Student Health Management team would like to:
- help students make healthy lifestyle choices during their studies and in later life
- promote knowledge, attitudes, and skills for creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- with your input, design measures according to your specific needs
- expand the health resources offered to students and help reduce health risks
- be the contact for both students and institutions on health-related issues
- put healthcare actors in touch with institutions and provide a common platform for exchange on health-related matters
- support the RWTH healthcare actors in their work
Techniker Krankenkasse is supporting RWTH Aachen University in implementing this project.
- RWTH Actively Engaged in Promoting Health – The RWTH Aachen Health Portal
- Ideas to Get You Moving
- Health Partners
- Psychological Counseling offered by the Student Advice Centre
- Psychological Counseling offered by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Training, Lectures, and Workshops
- Career Center Workshops
- Extracurricular & Leisure Activities
- ZPG – Center for Mental Health for Students
Suchthilfe Aachen (de)
The Aachen Addiction Aid Service provides advice and information in German on topics such as alcohol, (illegal) drugs, eating disorders, video game and online addiction. It also offers an overview of self-help groups.
Suchthilfe Aachen – Events (de)
Suchthilfe Aachen offers a series of seminars and events throughout the year that you may also like to attend. For example, you can explore nutritional trends or mindfulness, or, for something a little out of the ordinary, discover the power of singing in a workshop. Find out more on the Suchthilfe Aachen event pages.
Gesundheitsamt der Städteregion Aachen (de)
The Aachen City Region Health Office offers advice and support in German on many health-related topics such as vaccinations, hygiene, infection prevention and control, etc. Psychological counseling is also offered.
- Catholic Advice Center on Marriage, Family, Life, and Belief Questions in Aachen (de)
- Protestant Advice Center on Marriage, Family, and Life Issues, Pregnancy Conflict Counseling (de)
- Sportreferat der Aachener Hochschulen
- Arbeitskreis Junge Selbsthilfe
Nightline Aachen is a voluntary helpline where students provide information and a listening ear for other students. Here you can talk about anything you want to get off your chest or any issues you would like to discuss with someone else. The service can is available Monday through Thursday from 9 pm to midnight at +49 241 565 20 343.