Student Health Management – SGM© Hochschulsportzentrum
Current Information for Students in Times of Crisis
- AStA Students' Committee
- RWTH News Portal on the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Fit During and After the Pandemic – With Energy Boosters From Student Health Management (2022 Summer Semester)
- Corona and Student Life – A Podcast From RWTH Student Health Management (de)
- RWTH Health Portal: Current Events and Workshops on Health-Related Topics
Neue Reihe der Psychologischen Beratung
New Online Program for the Prevention of Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Students.
Student Chaplaincy Project by AStA
It is undoubtedly RWTH Aachen University’s paramount aim to provide students with sound scientific qualifications and to deliver outstanding graduates.
To ensure that students can cope with the demands of their studies now and in their everyday working lives later, the University is, however, also committed to fostering student health and well-being.
We want to provide students with better personal health resources and help them minimize health risks. We are also concerned with giving the future managers and decision-makers among our students the skills to later practice a health-promoting management style.
Student health management aims to integrate these aspects into students’ everyday lives in a sustainable way and to enable them to study, learn, and live healthily.
We Need Your Input
Please get in touch if you have any bright ideas and would like to be actively involved in developing measures geared towards students' needs.
What are our goals at a glance?
The RWTH Student Health Management team would like to:
- help students make healthy lifestyle choices during their studies and in later life
- promote knowledge, attitudes, and skills for creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- with your input, design measures according to your specific needs
- expand the health resources offered to students and help reduce health risks
- be the contact for both students and institutions on health-related issues
- put healthcare actors in touch with institutions and provide a common platform for exchange on health-related matters
- support the RWTH healthcare actors in their work
Techniker Krankenkasse is supporting RWTH Aachen University in implementing this project.
Helpful Links From the RWTH Student Advice Centre
The Psychological Team of the Student Advice Centre at RWTH Aachen University has produced a series of tutorials in the form of video and audio files to complement our study training and support you in your everyday student life. Why not take a look during a study break?
Videos for 2021 Health Week
Further Information and Points of Contact for 2021 Addiction Awareness Month
Addresses for Urgent Cases
Phone: +49 241 477010
- Uniklinik RWTH Aachen
Phone: +49 241 800
- Suchthilfe Aachen
- Student Advice Centre
- Psychological Counseling
- Center for Mental Health for Students and Doctoral Candidates (ZPG)
- Nightline Aachen
For Employees and Trainees
Information on Addiction
Comprehensive information material (addiction prevention, alcohol prevention, online addiction, eating disorders, cannabis, nicotine, and other topics) can be downloaded or ordered from these institutions:
- Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung (de)
- Deutsche Hauptstelle für Suchtfragen (de)
- Ginko Foundation (de)
- Suchthilfe Aachen – Eating Disorders
- Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung (BZgA)
- Junge Selbsthilfe Aachen
- eCHECKUP Alcohol – New Online Program for the Prevention of Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Students
- Uniklinik RWTH Aachen – Consultation Hours Detox and Withdrawal (de)
- Blood Alcohol Content Calculator (BZgA)
- Kreuzbund Selbsthilfegruppe
“Sicheres Risiko,” Episode 20, with Werner Barke from Aachen:
“Ohne Alkohol mit Nathalie” – How you can manage to lead a life without Alcohol:
- RWTH Actively Engaged in Promoting Health – The RWTH Aachen Health Portal
- Ideas to Get You Moving
- Health Partners
- Advice & Assistance
- Psychological Counseling offered by the Student Advice Centre
- Psychological Counseling offered by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Training, Lectures, and Workshops
- Career Center Workshops
- Extracurricular & Leisure Activities
- ZPG – Center for Mental Health for Students
Suchthilfe Aachen (de)
The Aachen Addiction Aid Service provides advice and information in German on topics such as alcohol, (illegal) drugs, eating disorders, video game and online addiction. It also offers an overview of self-help groups.
Suchthilfe Aachen – Events (de)
Suchthilfe Aachen offers a series of seminars and events throughout the year that you may also like to attend. For example, you can explore nutritional trends or mindfulness, or, for something a little out of the ordinary, discover the power of singing in a workshop. Find out more on the Suchthilfe Aachen event pages.
Gesundheitsamt der Städteregion Aachen (de)
The Aachen City Region Health Office offers advice and support in German on many health-related topics such as vaccinations, hygiene, infection prevention and control, etc. Psychological counseling is also offered.
- Catholic Advice Center on Marriage, Family, Life, and Belief Questions in Aachen (de)
- Diakonisches Werk im Kirchenkreis Aachen e.V. / Sozialer Dienst der evangelische Kirche (de)
- Sportreferat der Aachener Hochschulen
- Arbeitskreis Junge Selbsthilfe
Nightline Aachen is a voluntary helpline where students provide information and a listening ear for other students. Here you can talk about anything you want to get off your chest or any issues you would like to discuss with someone else. The service can is available Monday through Thursday from 9 pm to midnight at +49 241 565 20 343.