Board of GovernorsCopyright: Martin Braun
The University's Board of Governors from left to right: Doctor Christine Peters, Doctor Robert G. Gossink, Doctor Bernd Bohr, Doctor Waltraud Kreutz-Gers, Professor Koenraad Debackere, Professor Artemis Alexiadou, Professor Georg Rosenfeld, Professor Ingrid Mertig. Professor Simone Fulda and Doctor Roland Busch are not pictured.
The Board of Governors advises the Rectorate and oversees its management of university governance.
After the five-year term of the second RWTH Aachen Board of Governors came to a conclusion, a new Board of Governors was appointed in November 2017 to serve until November 2022.
The Board of Governors is currently made up of ten external members. Board members are leading figures from industry, business, and academia; one member should have gained the trust of the students. The Equal Opportunities Officer and the members of the Rector's Office belong to the Board in an advisory function. Board of Governors' meetings are not open to the public. However members can call in guests to individual meetings or consult with them on points of order.
Information on the topics under discussion at past Board meetings from 2015 going forward can be found on our intranet site at Hochschulrat / Board of Governors.
Responsibilities of the Board Governors in accordance with Section 21 of the NRW Higher Education Act include:
- Participation in the University Election Assembly
- Participation in the election and dismissal of members of the Rector's Office
- Supervision of the Rectorate's management activities
- Approval of the draft of the Target Agreement between the University and the Federal State of NRW and of the Budget Plan
- Response to the University Development Plan and the Rector's Office's statement of accounts
- Approval of the Annual Financial Statement and approval of the Rector's Office
Members of the Board of Governors
|Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. Artemis Alexiadou|
Professor of English Linguistics, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, and Leibniz Center General Linguistics (ZAS)
Dr.-Ing. Bernd Bohr
Former Member of the Board of Management, Robert Bosch GmbH
|Dr. Roland Busch|
Deputy CEO, CTO, CHRO and Member of the Board of the Siemens AG
|Prof. Dr. Koenraad Debackere|
Professor of Business and Economics, University of Leuven
|Prof. Dr. Simone Fulda|
Member of the Board of Directors of the University Cancer Center, Goethe University Frankfurt; Member of the German Council of Science and Humanities
|Klingner Raoul Klingner|
|Vice-Chair of the Board of Governors|
Dr. Waltraud Kreutz-Gers
Chancellor of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
|Prof. Dr. Ingrid Mertig|
Professor of Theoretical Physics, MLU Halle-Wittenberg
|Dr. Christine Peters|
Project and Quality Management Fibres and Membranes at Evonik Fibres GmbH
Chairman of the Board, University Hospital Aachen (UKA)
- Activity Report Board of Governors 2019 (de) (pdf: 488 kb)
- Activity Report Board of Governors 2018 (de) (pdf: 290 kb)
- Activity Report Board of Governors 2017 (de) (pdf: 174 kb)
- Activity Report Board of Governors 2016 (de) (pdf: 301 kb)
- Activity Report Board of Governors 2015 (de) (pdf: 91 kb)
- Activity Report Board of Governors 2014 (de) (pdf: 90 kb)
- Members of the Board of Governors from 2017 to 2022 (pdf: 29 kb)
- Members of the Board of Governors from 2008 to 2012 (pdf: 32 kb)