International Office Info Service Center
SuperC, Room 329, Templergraben 57, 52062 Aachen
Building: Super C
- Phone: +49 241 80 90660
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday 9:30am to 12.30pm and 1.30 to 4pm
- Telephone Office Hours: Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30 to 4pm
How to Find Us
The International Office is your first contact at RWTH Aachen University. If you do not have details of a specific contact person, please visit the Info Service Center in room 329, third floor, of the SuperC building. The ISC team will be happy to assist you with your first steps in Aachen and advise you on a wide range of issues regarding your stay and studies in Aachen.
Arrival by Car
- If you take the A4, coming from the direction of Cologne, head towards Heerlen/Antwerpen at the Aachen highway junction.
- Then take the second exit towards Aachen-Laurensberg.
- If you are on the A44 coming from the direction of Düsseldorf, take the Aachen-Zentrum exit, which will take you directly to the A4.
- Take the second exit, Aachen-Laurensberg. Then turn right onto the motor highway Kohlscheider Straße towards the city center or Stadtzentrum. Follow L232 to the old city gate, Ponttor, and then turn right.
- After about 100 meters turn left at the first traffic light onto Wüllnerstraße.
- Turn right onto Templergraben at the first light.
- The RWTH Aachen International Office will be directly to your right in the SuperC. The International Office's Info-Service Center is on the third floor in room 329.
Arrival by Train to Aachen Westbahnhof (Aachen West Train Station), Continuing on Foot
Aachen West ist the first train station in Aachen you encounter when travelinng from the direction of Düsseldorf. Coming from the direction of Cologne, you will first arrive at Aachen Hauptbahnhof, the central railway station, from which you can take a train to Aachen West.
The main campus area of RWTH Aachen is within walking distance of Aachen West; it will take you about 10 minutes to get there by foot. Go down the steps at Aachen West and turn left. After the underpass turn right onto Geschwister-Scholl-Straße. Continue onto Schinkelstraße and you will arrive on Templergraben. The main university building will be to your left. Turn left, continue down Templergraben and you will arrive at the SuperC building, which hosts the International Office and the Info Service Center.
Arriving by Train to Aachen Hauptbahnhof (Aachen Central Station), Continuing by Bus
From the bus stop directly in front of the train station, you can take bus 13A, heading towards Eurogress/Ponttor. Alternatively, take bus line 13B from the other side of the road, heading towards Schanz/Ponttor. Both bus lines will take you to the bus stop "Technische Hochschule" on Templergraben, right in front of the main building of RWTH Aachen University. The SuperC building is next to the main building.
Arrival by Train to Aachen Hauptbahnhof (Aachen Central Station), Continuing on Foot
You will need about 30 minutes to walk from the train station to the university, during which you will be able to see part of the city center, including the cathedral and city hall.
- After exiting the central station, cross the street, and enter Bahnhofstraße.
- Continue on Bahnhofstraße until you turn left onto Theaterstraße.
- Continue on Theaterstraße, passing the theater. Then, turn right onto Kapuzinergraben.
- Take the first left onto Hartmannstraße, following it until you can turn left onto Münsterplatz. Here you should be able to get a glimpse of the cathedral.
- Go right onto Krämerstraße and follow the road until you arrive in the market square in front of City Hall.
- Go left past the Karlsbrunnen, a fountain with a statue of Charlemagne, and then turn right onto the Kockerellstraße. Follow this street up until it continues into the Eilfschornscheinstraße and continue straight ahead onto Templergraben.
- You will see the SuperC building to your left across the street.
Arrival by Train to Aachen Hauptbahnhof (Aachen Central Station), Continuing by Taxi
There is a reliable taxi service available at the Aachen Central Station, located directly in front of the main entrance. The cost depends on where you are headed.