Famos für FamilieCopyright: © Heike Lachmann
Award for a Good Work-Life Balance
Family-friendly managers are a key factor when it comes to attracting and retaining excellent and specialized employees because they can address different concerns individually in a direct manner and they make a significant contribution to a family-friendly work culture.
This year, the "Famos für Familie" award was presented for the 16th time. It goes to supervisors who make a special commitment to promoting a good work-life balance in day-to-day work. During a two-month nomination period, all RWTH employees had the opportunity to nominate their family-friendly supervisor for the award, which includes a certificate, prize money of 500 euros for a team activity, and an engraved glass cube.
This year, the following individuals were awarded for their special commitment:
- Prof. Matthias Müller (Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences, Computer Science 12, IT Center)
- Prof. Sonja Herres-Pawlis (Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry)
- Prof. Anke Naujokat (Faculty of Architecture, Chair of Architectural History)
- Prof. Niklas von der Aßen (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Chair of Technical Thermodynamics)
- The management team (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Chair and Institute of Industrial Engineering and Ergonomics) comprised of
- Prof. Verena Nitsch,
- Prof. Susanne Mütze-Niewöhner,
- Prof. Martin Frenz
- Prof. Alexander Mertens
- Prof. Dr. med. Martin Wiesmann (Faculty of Medicine, Clinic for Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology)
The next nomination phase is expected to begin in December 2023.
2020/21 Famos für Familie Award CeremonyCopyright: © RWTH Aachen
The Famos für Familie award ceremony, honoring both the 2020 and 2021 award winners, took place virtually this year due to the pandemic. The winner’s staff members, the rectorate, and the jury members were also invited to participate.
Music for the event was provided by the Carbon String Quintet of RWTH’s Collegium Musicum, and speeches were held in the form of creative videos and presentations in which each team appreciated the family-friendly leadership style of their supervisor.
Videos of the Award Ceremony
- Professorin Cordula Neiberger
- Professor Axel Preuße
- Professor Dirk Uwe Sauer
- Professor Michael Vorländer