Father-Child Activities at RWTH
The Equal Opportunities Office supports fathers at the university with reconciling family and professional or study responsibilities. Events, activities, and sensibilization measures on the topic of fatherhood are regularly offered at the University.
The goal is to support and promote fathers, who desire a more active role in raising their children or generally have problems balancing career or studies with family. Men interested in having children are also a target group.
Father-child events are offered every semester. The focus is not only on having fun but also on providing fathers with an opportunity to talk with one another and network. The events are usually held on the weekend and last between two and three hours. Past events have included visits to the Aachen Observatory, Flugplatz Merzbrück, and the Töpfereimuseum in Langerwehe, as well as walks through the forest. You can find current dates on this webpage under "Currently."
Delegate for Fathers – "Väterbeauftragter"
The RWTH Delegate for Fathers is happy to tell interested men and fathers at RWTH about his experiences and provide helpful tips on topics such as parental leave and part-time work. For further information and contact information, please visit the Delegate for Fathers web page.
The Family Services Center provides advising on work-life balance, parental leave, parental stipends, and related topics. You can find more information about advising at the Family Services Center web page.
"RWTH-Väter" Mailing List
The Equal Opportunities Office's mailing list for RWTH fathers – that is employees, students, and men with a partner at RWTH – regularly provides information about father-child activities, parent events, and father work at RWTH Aachen.
Here you can add your name to the mailing list.
Starke Väter – starke Familien
The flyer "Starke Väter – starke Familien" contains all the important information for (expecting) fathers at RWTH. We hope you enjoy reading it!
- Starke Väter! NRW (de)
- Väter und Karriere (de)
- The Website for a Man with a Child (de)
Verband alleinerziehender Mütter und Väter in Aachen (de)
- Brochure „So sag ich's meinem Vorgesetzten. Elternzeit, Wiedereinstieg und flexible Arbeitsmodelle erfolgreich verhandeln“ (de)
- Brochure "Elterngeld, ElterngeldPlus und Elternzeit - Das Bundeselterngeld- und Elternzeitgesetz" (de)
- New handbook: Familienbewusste Personalpolitik für Väter – so funktioniert's (de)
- Mann wird Vater – Informationen für werdende Väter zur Geburt (de)
- Ich bin dabei! – Vater werden (de)
- Mehr Zeit für die Familie: Väter und das ElterngeldPlus (de)
- DGB: Vereinbarkeit von Familie & Beruf gestalten (de)
- Interview „Vätern Mut machen dass auch eine längere Elternzeit organisierbar ist“
- Familienleistungen direkt – Online-Rechner und interaktive Anwendungen (de)
- BMFSFJ: Die Vater-Kind-Kur (de)