Equal Opportunity Career Paths
October 2019 to October 2026
Current Equal Opportunity Events
- Karriere und Leben / Career and Life – Calmly Navigating the "Rush Hour" of Life, September 22, 2020 (de)
- Frauen und Finanzen / Women and Finances on September 29, 2020 (de)
- Schlagfertigkeit / Quick-wittedness – Workshop for Women Students and Doctoral Candidates, October 13, 2020 (de)
- Gehaltstraining / Salary Negotiations – Workshop for Women Students and Doctoral Candidates on October 23, 2020 (de)
- Karriere und Leben / Career and Life – Calmly Navigating the "Rush Hour" of Life on November 30, 2020 (de)
Most women work full-time before having children. However, once couples start a family, a more traditional division in employment is a frequent occurrence. As a result, many women put their own personal and professional goals behind their partner’s, take on most of the housework and family tasks and either go to work part-time or stay at home.
However, this division often does not match women’s ideals – and increasingly also not those of men. Many couples would like to divide family and work life equally, while women would also like to achieve their professional goals more effectively.
The Equal Career Paths project takes up this issue and shows new ways of sharing work as a couple, moving away from the traditional breadwinner or supplementary income models.
Students, doctoral candidates, and post-docs are given the opportunity to address this issue, plan their careers, pursue their own ideas and goals, and express these in workshops and coaching sessions.
Employees and managers at the university are also informed of alternative forms of work as well as working time models that enable equal career paths.
This project is a continuation of the Equal Career Paths project, which was part of the German Women Professors' Program II. You can read the final report on this project in German here.
- Download: Allensbach Study "Setting the Course for Sharing Responsibilities in Family and Career" (de)
- Download: Forsa Survey "Opinions and Attitudes of Fathers in Germany" (de)
- "Familienernährerinnen" Project (de)
- Online Handbook "Initiative Familienbewusste Arbeitszeiten" (de)
- "Was verdient die Frau" Project (de)
- Equal Pay Day
- Equality at All Levels in the Workplace – Initiative Chefsache (de)
- Re-entry Perspectives (de)
- Project "Selection and Assessment of Leaders in Business and Academia"