Career Promotion and Networking of Young Women Researchers
From Undergraduate to Postdoc
Project Coordinator, Equal Opportunities Advisor
- +49 241 80 96569
- Send Email
December 2020 until September 2024
Female Professors Program III
The goal of the Career Promotion and Networking of Young Women Researchers project is to increase equal opportunities at RWTH Aachen University. Women are still significantly underrepresented in all status groups of academic careers at RWTH. By promoting networking among the status groups, women are to be strengthened and supported in their career opportunities.
The project focuses on the transitional phases between the different career stages: the transition between Bachelor's and Master's, Master's and doctorate, and doctorate and habilitation or postdoc phase. The loss of qualified women in these phases is also known as the "leaky pipeline". The project aims to counteract this effect through workshops, lectures, and coaching.
Intersectional topics also feature in this project. Therefore, in the course of the project, we would like to deal with the topics of socio-cultural origin and prevailing body norms, among others. This is intended to show how different features of discrimination can interact and influence the educational success of young women researchers.
Networks convey information, provide feedback, and help visibility. As social capital, they are an important success factor for career progression. There are a large number of interesting networks at RWTH Aachen University. We have compiled an overview for you here. Perhaps there is a network that appeals to you and in which you would like to participate. Or would you like to start a new network?
Faculty-Specific Career Offers and Networks Focused on Gender
- Commission for Equal Opportunities of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Doctoral Colloquium (DissKo) of the Faculty of Architecture
- Funding Opportunities at the Faculty of Medicine
- PromotionsCafé of the Department of Computer Science and the Graduiertenkollegs UnRAVeL
Cross-Faculty Career Offers and Networks Focused on Gender and Diversity
- Offers of the Career Center
- Femtec Careerbuilding for Women Studying a STEM Discipline
- First Generation Aachen e.V.
- TANDEM Mentoring Programs
- Center for Doctoral Studies (CDS)
- Forum for Women Doctoral Candidates
- A women‘s view on … (Focus on founding)
- Center for Professional Leadership (CPL)
- Flexible Career Management for Postdocs (FCM)
- Women Network Melaten