Gender Equality Plan for Horizon Europe From 2023 Onwards© Martin Braun
Gender equality is a cross-cutting priority in Horizon Europe and concerns all programme parts. Activities will aim at eliminating gender inequality and intersecting socio-economic inequalities – including those based on disability, ethnicity, and LGBTIQ – throughout research and innovation systems, including by addressing unconscious bias and systemic structural barriers, and the integration of the gender dimension will be a requirement by default in research and innovation content across the whole programme, unless its nonrelevance is duly justified.
2021 - 2024 Strategic Plan, p. 25
Statement From the Rector
At RWTH Aachen University, we consider equality and equal opportunities as key to attracting exceptional talent in research, research management, and administration. The topic is also gaining importance when it comes to the national and international positioning of our University in the arenas of research and education. We therefore expressly support the implementation of all measures that promote equality and equal opportunities.
We call upon all those involved in the proposal creation process to get informed about how to best integrate gender aspects in their research projects (de) and the ways in which the composition of research teams may have a decisive impact on project approval. Please make sure that your proposal fully conforms to the requirements set by the European Union. For further information, please refer to the 2021-2024 Strategic Plan and the Gendered Innovations 2 web pages of the European Commission. The University’s Integration Team – Human Resources, Gender and Diversity Management (IGaD) offers Gender and Diversity consulting for research proposals and projects.
Taken together, the Equal Opportunities Plan (de) and the faculty's equal opportunities plans meet the requirements of the Horizon Europe Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 1 – Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences (de) (pdf: 1958 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 2 – Architecture (de) (pdf: 748 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 3 – Civil Engineering (de) (pdf: 964 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 4 – Mechanical Engineering (de) (pdf: 377 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 5 – Georesources and Materials Engineering (de) (pdf: 1540 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 6 – Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (de) (pdf: 933 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 7 – Arts and Humanities (de) (pdf: 1475 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 8 – School of Business and Economics (de) (pdf: 700 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Plan of Faculty 10 – Medicine (de) (pdf: 634 kb)