Successes of the Strategic Partnership Since 2013
Since 2013, more than 270 students, doctoral candidates, scholars and administrators have been funded in both directions for study, research, teaching, joint workshops and strategy meetings within the Strategic Partnership program by the German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD for short.
Here you find a selection of testimonials by students, doctoral candidates and scholars from RWTH Aachen University and Tsinghua University who received funding for their projects in research, teaching and joint studies.
The awardees come from a variety of disciplines and topics in the natural sciences, engineering sciences as well as business and economics. Chairs and institutes from ten schools and departments of RWTH Aachen University are actively involved in the Strategic Partnership so far.
As of May 2016, at least twelve joint applications for external funding and at last 25 joint publications resulted from the Strategic Partnership.
We would like to highlight a few joint projects:
Joint Research Laboratory for Innovative Design and Manufacturing of Advanced Mechanical Systems
- Memorandum of Understanding 2014
- Official accreditation by Chinese Ministry of Education 2015
- Research areas include, among others, Additive Manufacturing, 3D Bio Printing, Advanced Surface Engineering
- Joint workshops in 2014, 2015 und 2016
Both partners intend to develop a bilateral institution with high international visibility and reputation by fostering joint pre-competitive research projects on both sides and joint publications. Several industry partners are to be included in the JRL.
- Professor Reinhart Poprawe, RWTH Aachen Chair of Laser Technology, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology and Rector´s delegate for the cooperation with China
- Professor MENG Yonggang, Tsinghua University, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Extension of the Double Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Extension to Tsinghua Graduate School in Shenzhen
- Target group: Master students in mechanical engineering with specialization in automotive engineering, production systems, and thermal engineering
- Starting from winter semester 2019/20: 60 slots each for RWTH Aachen University and Tsinghua University