Facts and FiguresCopyright: © Stefan Hense
How many students has RWTH Aachen had over so many years? How many employees at the university make sure that everything goes smoothly from enrollment to research proposals? The university summarizes current statistics, trends, and developments.
Current Slide Set
RWTH Key Data
Academics in Winter Semester 2020/21
- 47,173 Students in the winter semester of 2020/21
- 6,830 Students in the first core semester for a Bachelor's degree, Bachelor's Teacher Training Programs or Medicine/Dentistry Staatsexamen
- 3,281 Students in the first core semester for a Master's degree or Master's Teacher Training
- 150 Courses of study – of which 16 are private courses of study
- 12,477 International students from 138 countries
- 6,291 Graduates in the 2020 academic year, that is winter semester 2019/20 and summer semester 2020
- 550 Professors as of December 31, 2019
- 5,828 Other academic staff (including externally funded staff)
- 2,877 Non-faculty staff (including externally funded staff)
- 571 Trainees
- 9 Faculties
- 260 Institutes
- 7 Collaborative Research Centers and Transregios
- 15 Participations in Collaborative Research Areas and Transregional Collaborative Research Areas
- 34 Research Training Programs (including 10 DFG Research Training Groups)
“Excellence Strategy" Competition of the German Federal and State Governments
- 3 Clusters of Excellence:
- The Fuel Science Center – FSC
- Internet of Production – IoP
- Matter and Light for Quantum Computing – ML4Q. A joint project between the University of Cologne (coordinating university), RWTH, the University of Bonn, and Forschungszentrum Jülich.
- Excellence University RWTH: "The Integrated Interdisciplinary University of Science and Technology – Knowledge. Impact. Networks."
Annual Budget 2019
- 1,036 Million Euros in total annual budget, including
- 422,3 Million Euros in external funding
Table of Figures
Table of Figures
The Table of Figures presents the University with key data from the previous academic and financial year. It serves the generation of the necessary transparency of the University both within internally and externally, while forming the basis for the differentiated controlling instruments of the University, which are important "building blocks" of the modern university management.
Quality Assurance and Increase of Excellence
The information compiled in the report are intended to support the Rectorate, the faculties and the University committees in decision-making issues. Information from the Table of Figures is increasingly needed for external university matters, such as accreditation or the establishment of rankings. The Table of Figures therefore makes a valuable contribution to quality assurance and enhancement of excellence of RWTH Aachen University.
You can find current RWTH Aachen statistics in the RWTH Aachen Slide Set.
The content embedded in this web page will take you to web pages provided by the electronic publishing platform issuu – Issuu Inc: 131 Lytton Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301. Invoking this content makes it possible for issuu to determine your IP address, the language setting of your system, and a number of browser-specific details.
By clicking the "accept" button, you agree to use the content provided by the platform under the conditions outlined above.
Please note that you give your consent for a one-time use of the web page only. When you visit the page again, you will again be asked for your consent.Accept
Supplements to Table of Figures
In the download area, you can find supplementary information to the print version of the Table of Figures. All documents to download are in Excel format, so that you can edit or copy the data if necessary. Additionally, the autofilter function in the heading enables you to restrict characteristics, such as a certain subject or semester.