Teaching Award Winners 2001 to 2018
- Mechanical Engineering Student Representative Council (Faculty 4 - Mechanical Engineering)
- Dr. Pütz (Faculty 1 - Mathematics - Computer Science - Natural Sciences)
- EMC/EMEC-Team (Faculty 5 - Georesources and Materials Engineering)
- "Orientation Weeks for the Medicine Model Course of Study" Work Group(Faculty 10 - Mediicine)
- Coordinator team for the international Master's course of study "Metallurgical Engineering" under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Conradt (Faculty 5 - Georesources and Materials Engineering)
- Chair and Institute of Engineering Design under the direction of Univ.- Prof. Dr. Jörg Feldhusen (Faculty 4 - Mechanical Engineering)
- First place: Teachers involved in the Interdisciplinary Skills Lab - AIXTRA project direction: Dr. Stefan Beckers, Dr. Sasa Sopka, apl. Prof. Dr. Irmgard Claßen-Linke, Dr. Michaela Weishoff-Houben (Faculty 10 - Medicine)
- Second place: apl. Prof. Dr. Ullrich Englert - Non-budgeted Professor at the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry (Faculty 1 - Mathematics - Computer Science - Natural Sciences) in collaboration with Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Gerhard E. Herberich
- Third place: apl. Prof. Dr. Ursula Rudnick - University Lecturer at the Chair of Systematic Theology (Faculty 7 - Arts and Humanities)
- First place: Andreas Dieckmann, Sarah Netten, and Thomas Stachelhaus - Computer Aided Architectural Design Teaching and Research Area (Faculty 2 - Architecture)
- Second place: Web Based Macroscopy and Histology Project – Dr. Alberto Perez-Bouza, Dr. Elisabeth Breuer, and Dr. Andreas Donner - Department of Pathology (Faculty 10 - Medicine)
- Third place: Institute of Political Science tutors - Contact person: Nils Matzner (Tutor) and Dr. Ingo Scholz (Chair of Political Science) (Faculty 7 - Arts and Humanities)
There were two first place awards this year.
- First place: "Rettungsdienstpraktikums für Medizinstudierende" team (Faculty 10 - Medicine)
- First place: "MATLAB meets LEGO Mindstorms" project team (Faculty 6 - Electrical Engineering and Information Technology)
- Second place: Univ. Prof. Dr. Piller - Chair of Business Administration, particularly Technology and Innovation Managment (Faculty 8 - School of Business and Economics)
- First place: "Antike Demokratie im Experiment" team under the direction of apl. Prof. Dr. phil. Klaus Scherberich Faculty 7 – Arts and Humanities
- Second place: Topo-Skill Course "Feel like a surgeon": PD Dr. med. Carsten J. Krones, Dr. med. Marcel Binnebösel, apl. Prof. Dr. med Andreas Prescher
Faculty 10 - Medicine
- Third place: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Henner Hollert
Faculty 1 – Mathematics, Computer Science, Natural Sciences
RWTH Aachen only recognized one Teaching Award recipient till 2007.
- First place: the team for the project "emedia skills lab NEUROLOGIE". The project is a collaborative project of the Department of Neurology (NE), the Department of Neurosurgery (NC), and the Audiovisual Media Center (AVMZ). The team belongs to the Faculty of Medicine.
- Second place: Teachers of the course "Grundgebiete der Informatik II". The course is offered by the chair of Human-Machine Interaction in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
- Third place: The Video working group in the Student Representative Council for Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science, which belongs to the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Natural Sciences.
- Honorable mention: Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing- Dr.-Ing. E.h. Walter Michaeli, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering for the course "Semesterkritik".
- First Place: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thomas Gries and Ms. Jacqueline Lemm, Institute of Textile Technology and Univ.-Prof. Dr. Roger Häußling, Department of Sociology, for the seminar "Interdisciplinarity of Sociology in Organizations"
- Second Place: Dr. med.dent. Nicole Rafai, MPH for the seminar "Variety of Methods in Total Prosthetics"
- Third Place: Univ.-Prof. Dr.rer.pol. Florian Siems, Teaching and Research Area Technology and Service Marketing from the School of Business and Economics
- First Place: Josephine Waade, Janna-Lina Kerth, Elisabeth Dinter, Kathrin Balau, Philipp Baldia, Friederike Both, Carla-Sophie Bultmann, Marijke Knod, Miriam Langner, Kimberly Nowak, Meryim Poursheykhi, Tilla Sophie Schütte for the "Aachen Amnesia Group", under the patronage of Prof. Dr. med. Frank Elsner, Faculty of Medicine.
- Second Place: apl. Prof. Dr.rer.nat. Dipl.-Ing. Martin Baumann from the Chair of Applied Medical Technology for the lecture "Introduction to Medicine for Natural Scientists and Engineers“.
- Third Place: Univ.-Prof. Peter Russell for the project, "Solar Decathlon“ from the Chair of Compute-Supported Planning in Architecture.
- First Place: Franziska Hommes, Wiebke Klock, Judith Altmann, Valentin Senft, Nada Abedin, Nicola von Tschammer, Anne Feldmann, Laura Kuthe, and Léonie Karduck for the project GandHI under the patronage of Dr. med. Weishoff-Houben and Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Bruchhausen in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Second Place: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Uwe Naumann, Alexandra Kwiecien, Thiemo Leonhardt, Arno Schmetz, Martin Bellgardt, and the student mentors in the Department of Computer Science.
- Third Place: Dr. Marcus Gerards, Wolfram Barodte, Paul Gamper, Marius Fockenbrock, Julia Höhl, Nieshanth Logarajah for the e-learning service of the School of Business and Economics and Univ.-Prof. Dr. Malte Brettel and Univ.-Prof. Dr. Frank Piller for the implementation of digital concepts.
- First Prize: ELAB student project at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, supported by the Chair of Integrated Analog Circuits and RF Systems. Participants: Thomas Maintz, Martin Ries, and Dr. Martin Wunderlich.
- Second Prize: “Speak up!” project by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities in collaboration with the Rhein-Maas-Gymnasium Aachen and the Gymnasium Zitadelle Jülich. Participants: Professors Frauke Intemann and Stella Neumann, Dr. Anette Bretschneider, and Nicola Brown from RWTH Aachen; Jochen Gerards, director of the Rhein-Maas-Gymnasium; Anne Strobelt from Gymnasium Zitadelle Jülich; as well as the students Tobias Becker, Anna Maria Esser, Gina Gerosa, Catharina Hermersdorfer, Annika Höfert, Johanna Jaschik, Lea Nellessen, Julia Niessen, Constanze Rogosz, Andrea Szyska, and Dora Zimmermann.
- Third prize: Dr. Jaan-Willem Simon, Institute of Applied Mechanics, Faculty of Civil Engineering.
- Teaching Award in the Category ”Teachers“: Dr. Viktoria Arling, Institute of Psychology with a Focus on Health Psychology, RWTH Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Teaching Award in the Category “Project”: “Virtual Sketching.” Professor Thomas H. Schmitz and Hannah Groninger, Chair of Visual Design, RWTH Faculty of Architecture; Professor Thorsten Kuhlen and Dominik Rausch, Virtual Reality Group, Visual Computing Institute
- Teaching Award in the Category ”Teachers“: Professor Christoph Jungemann, Institute of Electromagnetic Theory. In his lecture, Christoph Jungemann provides fundamental knowledge in electromagnetic field theory, a highly important topic for the professional careers of graduates.
- Teaching Award in the Category “Project”: The inter-faculty project “Leonardo.” Coordinated by professors Emanuel Richter and Max Kerner as well as Dr. Felix Kampel from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the project provides a broad range of seminars and courses on the societal challenges of our time. Typically, each module is taught by two instructors from different academic disciplines.