Formalities Before and After Your ArrivalCopyright: © Martin Braun
If you come to Aachen as an international researcher, there are many formalities to take care of even before you arrive in Germany.
The formalities may be related to visa and residence issues arising from your personal situation. But even after your arrival in Aachen, there are some formalities to take care of, such as registering your place of residence, taking out insurance, or signing your employment contract.
- Visa and work permit
- Information on insurance
- List of documents to bring with you
- Registering your address and the Residents' Registration Office
- Opening a German bank account
- The steps of your employment contract
- Information on income and church tax
- Formalities for Doctoral Studies
A checklist also shows you the most important steps to take before and after you come to Aachen.