Theodore von Kármán Fellowship – Incoming Scientists
Recognized researchers from all over the world have the opportunity to complete a research project at RWTH; stays may vary in duration from one week to several months. Until now, after 13 calls, almost 90 proposals have been supported with an entire funding volume of 350,000 euros.
A prerequisite for the approval of a research stay is that two to three RWTH Aachen profesors from different faculties jointly submit a funding request or, in the event of a grant, invite and host the guest. The visiting researcher should be involved in current research work.
The deadline for the last call was November 3, 2022.
Required Application Documents
Proposal documents must be submitted as pdf documents and contain the following:
- Information of the host institution, including a contact person
- Short cover letter with a description of scientific interest
- Resume of the visiting researcher with the five most important publications
- Planned topics/activities during the stay in Aachen (including the university-wide presentation and lecture)
- Budget plan – please note that VAT is due for all payments made to visting scholars from outside Germany