Continuing Education OffersCopyright: © Martin Braun
All RWTH employees have the opportunity to participate in our continuing education offerings. These are provided as part of the educational offerings from the following RWTH institutions and programs:
- Center for Doctoral Studies CDS
- Center for Professional Leadership CPL
- Career and Training for Technical and Administrative Employees
The language of instruction is German or English; for further information, please refer to the seminar description.
- Our overview seminars provide a short introduction to research data management, touching on topics such as the data management plan, metadata, collaboration, publication, storage and archiving
- The two seminars on offer are titled "Management of Research Data" and “Research Data Management – An Overview.”
- Upon request, we offer the overview seminar, the workshop, as well as a tailored combination of our courses to institutes, Collaborative Research Centers, clusters, DFG Research Training Groups, and other institutions.
- The topics introduced in the basic seminars are discussed in more detail in a workshop.
- In hands-on activities, concepts and tools in research data management will be applied
- Information exchange among colleagues helps reflect and optimize practices in RDM
For further information on seminar dates and course contents, please visit the Staff Development Events Database. We are continuously expanding our offerings, so please check back periodically for new items.
Luise Leader and her colleagues will introduce you to the broad topic of research in this ten-minute video. They will highlight the possible difficulties that may arise without research data management. In other, shorter videos they will delve into specific aspects of research data management. Take a look at the various videos on research data management.
Aside from these RWTH-specific offerings, there are additional excellent continuing education resources free of charge. We recommend the following:
- MANTRA Research Data Training offers extensive content on all areas of research data management in English. The program, which has been available since 2012, has targeted portals for students, researchers, postdocs, and information specialists.
- The MooC Research Data Management and Sharing contains an introduction to research data management in English. It is designed to completed in five weeks and can be completed with a certificate, if desired.
- The e-learning website researchdatamanagement.ch from HTW Chur and HEG Genf offers various basic, advanced, and pedagogical modules on all areas of research data management in German and French.
- The course Essentials 4 Data Support is oriented towards information specialists, who want to offer research data management services. It is available in English and Dutch.