Coordination of Gender-Related Measures in DFG-Programs
To the courses
In order to increase the proportion of women in leadership positions, the German Research Foundation, DFG, provides research consortia with an “equal opportunity allowance.” The allowance is to be used for the implementation of appropriate equal opportunity measures which are evaluated by DFG as part of the proposal review process.
Objectives of the DFG Equal Opportunity Allowance
- Promoting early-career women scientists
- Creating family-friendly workplaces in science and research
- Recruting women researchers
Research consortia can re-apply annually for the equal opportunity allowance:
- Collaborative Research Centers: up to 30,000 euros
- Graduate Research Training Groups: up to 15,000 euros
In order to ensure professionalism and create synergies, Division 4.3 – Career Development at RWTH Aachen University has established the Gender Consulting Unit for Research Consortia.
This unit offers individually tailored support for research consortia with regard to financing and implementing equal opportunity measures.
Services and offerings for research consortia receiving DFG-equal opportunity funds include:
- Development of workshops, trainings and coachings tailored to early-career women scientists as well as Individual advising of early-career women researchers wishing to take part in these offerings
- Provision of gender awareness trainings and workshops for men and women
- Arrangement of Family Services Center services
- Biannual networking events for participating research consortia
- Support with follow-up applications in close coordination with IgAD, the Integration Team – Human Resources, Gender and Diversity
- Reporting to the DFG concerning the use of funds
- Evaluation of the individual equal opportunity measures and their further development
- Participation in the nationwide network “Gender Consulting in Collaborative Research”