Re-entry Coaching for Students With Long-Term Illnesses – WieLaS
Arrange an Appointment for an Initial Consultation
You are studying at RWTH Aachen University and had to interrupt your studies for a longer period of time due to illness or family reasons? Or you can foresee being in this situation in the future?
Are you wondering how you can resume your studies under these conditions?
The Student Advice Centre would like to support you with longer-term coaching to help you get settled back into your studies.
This coaching is based on your individual needs, which we will clarify with you at the beginning.
We will then make preparations for finding a strategy and clarify with you which other individuals – for example in the departments – need to be contacted next.
Following this, we will establish a strategy with you, draw up a realistic plan of action together with you, and support you in implementing it.
If required, you have the option of taking advantage of the following additional coaching modules:
- Basics in time management and creation of a weekly schedule after prior clarification with the departmental advisor. Depending on the subject area, you can alternatively take advantage of mentoring support for this.
- Resource clarification: What are my resources, sources of strength, and energy?
- Psychological counseling
- Check: Am I studying the right subject? Systematic analysis of causes, in-depth examination of subject suitability
- Profiling: In-depth clarification of aptitude and interests with the help of valid tests
- Support during a possible reorientation
We will regularly hold short backup meetings throughout the semester so you will have our continued guidance, with increasing intervals between the sessions, and a final meeting at the end of the semester.