Advising for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses
We currently only offer consultation by telephone after prior arrangement. Please send us an email with your telephone number and your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- +49 241 80 93762
- Send Email
Studies at RWTH Aachen should be unrestricted for every person. The university is particularly responsive to the special needs of students with disabilities or chronic illnesses.
On January 1, 2016, RWTH introduced the Officers for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses and their deputies.
VORSCHUB represents students with disabilities and chronic illnesses at RWTH Aachen University. We represent the interests of students – from accessible lecture halls to individual and confidential counselling on the following topics, among others:
- Health-related difficulties during studies
- Compensation for disadvantages for examinations
- Support through study assistants
- Relaxation room for recovery between classes
- Self-help group
- Exceptional circumstances applications
- Leave semester due to illness
- Reimbursement of the semester ticket
- BAföG special regulations
- Living in a dormitory with a disability or illness
If you have any questions about studying with a disability or chronic illness, we are of course also the contact point for all RWTH staff and lecturers..
If you would like to participate in athletics at the university, please contact the contact person for integrative sports. Caterina Clemens at the University Sports Center will help you to find a suitable activity. Juliana Kirchhoff, with the Sportreferat, is your contact for disabled sports..
We view it as our responsibility to cultivate contact with the responsible institutions within and outside of RWTH and to create a close communication network. Contact with students, who lay out their problems to us, helps us, because we can incorporate these problems into goals.
Officers for the Concerns of Students With a Disability or Chronic Illness
Assistant for Everyday University Life
RWTH has student assistants available to help students with disabilities and chronic illnesses with everyday university life. They are primarily available for the following tasks: drawing up lecture notes and copies, reading aloud, research, orientation help, copying, scanning, help transporting objects, accompanying to the University and back within Aachen, accompanying on errands directly related to studies, support in the relaxation room or in study rooms, and accompanying to desired locations at the University and within and through the libraries.
- What Is Compensation for Disadvantages? (de) (pdf: 206 kb)
- Information on the Procedure for Applying for Compensation for Disadvantages (de) (pdf: 206 kb)
- Information on Applying to RWTH With Exceptional Circumstances (de) (pdf: 201 kb)
- Kurzinfo Härtefallantrag (pdf: 283 kb)
- Orientation Help (de) (pdf: 188 kb)
- Student Assistants (de) (pdf: 197 kb)
- Library Equipment (de) (pdf: 202 kb)
- Overview of Handicap Parking Spots at RWTH Aachen (de) (pdf: 245 kb)
- Free Bus Transit Service (de) (pdf: 1488 kb)
- Socially engaged with Help e.V.
- National Paralympic Committee Germany
- Landschaftsverband Rheinland
- Integration Offices
- German Statutory Pension Insurance
- Job Openings for Graduates with Disabilities
- Center for Mental Health for Students
- kombabb-Kompetenzzentrum NRW (de)
- kombabb-Internetportal (de)
- Studying in Germany as a Disabled Student
- Studying Abroad as a Disabled Student (de)