Development and testing of an algorithm for the conversion of farfield data from antenna measurements between different software tools
Program Director UROP
- +49 241 80-90695
- Send Email
- Project Offer-Number:
- UROP International, UROP Network
- Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering
- Organisation unit:
- Institute of High Frequency Technology
- Language Skills:
- English is mandatory, German if possible
- Computer Skills:
- Experience in programming and especially MATLAB
The normal workflow for the design of an antenna includes a measurement of the built prototype. These measurements are usually performed in the Institute's anechoic compact range chamber. The format of the data obtained out of this process needs processing to allow its comparison with the simulation tools, namely, the CST Suite.
The task is to design a software tool to convert between the two different data formats and include them into the Institute's toolbox.
Since the toolbox is written in MATLAB, knowledge about this tool is mandatory. A certain knowledge of CST Microwave Studio and antenna theory is advantageous but not mandatory.