Software Development for Digitalizing the Future in Battery Production
Program Director UROP
- +49 241 80-90695
- Send Email
- Project Offer-Number:
- UROP International
- Computational Engineering Science
- Organisation unit:
- Information Management in Mechanical Engineering (IMA)
- Language Skills:
- Computer Skills:
- Programming skills (preferably Python or similar as C++ or Java); Optional: Basic knowledge in Machine Learning (Pandas, Scikit-learn , ...)
- Communicative; Motivated; Self-Initiative; Optional: Knowledge of digital twins/shadows or similar
The future is just around the corner: e-mobility, wireless devices, green energy are available at any time at any place. For this, energy has to be stored. Battery technology should allow us to take the necessary steps into the future. In this context, we look at optimizing the production process of battery cells (lithium-ion). Many production steps are still based on analog processes and experience-based parameters. At IMA, we want to take a step further into the digitalization and optimization of battery cell production. Therefore, we create a virtual production system including a virtual representation and machine learning models. With this setup, we enable online access to data and use this data to detect the quality of batteries in an early stage of the production process.
The student will get the chance to work on their own research project as part of an interdisciplinary team. Within this project, the student will develop and implement a subsystem as part of the virtual production system. To achieve this goal, the student will familiarize them self with the domain of digital twins/shadows, machine learning in production, and battery production specifically. In the following, the student will define the next necessary feature of the virtual production system and the data analysis together with the supervisor. To implement the identified aspects, the student needs to analyze relevant data flows and create a concept for the software. Once the concept is done, the student will implement the software and integrate it into the given software structure. Finally, the results must be tested and presented.
• Independent and reliable work • High motivation for software development • Programming skills in (Preferably with Python) • Knowledge in Machine Learning OR Digital Twins/Shadows